12. Fights and Family

Shoto was always exceptionally skilled at using his quirk and fighting in general. Of course, his father made sure of this. He would 'train' Shoto for hours on end, working on sword fighting, archery, hand to hand combat, quirk training, etc. As much as Shoto hated his father, he couldn't complain too much since he was now a force to be reckoned with.

"Who's versing who?" Sero called, seining his arms around to get loose. Shoto realized he didn't know what any of their quirks were, so this was sure to be intriguing.

"Mina, wanna—" Kaminari started, but Mina cut him off.

"Yes! Don't be mad when I melt your face off!" They moved to a section near the back of the field. This was apparently where all the training went down, in a field about a five-minute walk from all the tents near the border.

"We're uneven aren't we, ribbit," Tsu pointed out, adjusting the sleeves of her tight-fitting shirt.

"Three of us can just fight," Shinso suggested, fiddling with a contraption on his face.

"I'm not very good at combat, so why don't I just focus on strengthening my quirk? You guys are then even," Jiro waved as she moved far away from them, trying to find a suitable area to use her quirk.

"Shinso! Fight me!" Sero called.

Shinso sighed, "Fine. Just keep your tape off my hair." They went the opposite way Mina and Kaminari did.

Tsu glanced at Kirishima and Bakugo. "So—"

"Halfie, you're fighting me." Bakugo cracked his knuckles, sparks flying from his fingers. "I hear you're good. Let's see how good you really are."

Kirishima walked over to Tsu and said something, but Shoto didn't hear it. He was focused on the angry blond in front of him.

"Alright. Don't be too upset when you lose." Shoto pressed his feet into the stone in a fighting stance. He felt his left side heat up while his right side cooled.

Bakugo sniggered, "Strong words coming from a weak ass bastard as yourself." Then, he launched himself.

Bakugo's quirk was incredible. He had tiny explosion emitting from his palms, propelling him forward, through the air. Shoto dodged him but felt the wind pass close to his face. He'd have to be on high alert. Bakugo spun around after missing, aiming a kick at his stomach. Shoto backed away and let loose a strong blast of fire from his left arm, causing Bakugo to jump back. They stared at each other for a moment, Shoto's fire still kicking his arm and Bakugo's explosions still crackling in his fingers.

"Tch. You're not half bad, I guess. But this just means I can go all out." Bakugo held his right hand out, letting a volley of strong explosions rush towards Shoto. The blast had enough force to push him back, making him need his ice as a brace. As the smoke was clearing, Bakugo jumped forward, slugging Shoto in the face. Shoto immediately knew it was going to bruise and swell.

Shoto spit out a bit of blood. "If you're going all out, I suppose I have to as well." He stomped his right foot forward, watching the ice rush towards Bakugo, hungrily seeking him out to try and encase him. Bakugo growled, using his explosions to lift himself, but some of the ice still caught him, trapping his foot. He tried balancing, since he was about five feet off the ground. If he fell without breaking the ice, it would probably snap his bones.

"Fucking bastard. Now my socks are going to be wet." He placed his hands on the ice, shattering it with his multiple explosions. He flipped backwards, landing in a crouch before running at his top speed, explosions pushing him faster than before. Shoto ducked, then jumped as Bakugo's leg swept at his feet. He turned, blocking a punch with his arm. He turned, kicking the back of Bakugo's knees and watching as his legs buckled slightly. Bakugo quickly righted himself, grabbing Shoto's arm and setting off an explosion as he threw him to the side.