10. Broken and Betrayed

"I found these posted all over town," the blond kid explained after the four newcomers had sat down. "Apparently, being his last kid and all, he's going to extreme lengths to find you."

Shoto clenched his hands together tightly, his food forgotten. "Of course. He couldn't just accept the fact that I left."

"In his defense, he could think you were kidnapped," Mina added, trying to provide some type of comfort.

"Yes, that's much better. If I'm dragged back there, that's kidnapping. Not me leaving that hell hole willingly," Shoto grumbled.

Kirishima frowned, "He didn't technically know you left on your own. He probably assumed as much, but he has no evidence."

"He sent Hawks and a few other scouts out to try and find you, by the way," the blond said.

Shoto gave a small smile, "Hawks is fine. His other scouts won't be able to find me at all. They're no threats."

"Pretty confident there, but you must remember, this is our fucking base. If you somehow lead those bastards to our front door, I'll hand you over with a broken neck and no regrets," Bakugo gave him a death glare.

Shoto held up his hands. "It's not my intentions to lead them anywhere. They've never found you before, me being here changes nothing. The only person who would be able to find me is Hawks, and he won't rat me out. I trust him."

"Trust is a fragile thing, ribbit," Tsu spoke up. Everyone looked down slightly, as if they were all taking a moment to reflect on something.

Shoto felt awkward and out of place during this moment. "Did...did something happen?"

Kirishima looked up, meeting Shoto's gaze. "It only takes one event to change someone's entire point of view. When he was gone, we lost a few others. Our base is still shaky after that betrayal."

"Because the motherfucker knew absolutely everything." Bakugo spoke through gritted teeth. Kirishima put a hand on his shoulder, but whether to comfort him or hold him back Shoto didn't know.

"I don't mean to pry...but who is he?" Shoto spoke quietly, afraid to upset them with this question.

Bakugo turned his head to look at the floor, and Kirishima whispered something in his ear before both got up and left. Shinso looked to Tsu before also getting up, Denki following after him. The group was now reduced to only seven of them.

The blond kid spoke up, "He was Yagi Toshinori, better known as All Might. He was the leader and face of our rebellion before he was killed."

"By your father, might I add," Sero cut in, receiving a slap on the back of the head from Mina.

"Don't mind him, Todo. It was hard for all of us to accept...especially those close to him like Kacchan," she shot Tsu a look, but Shoto couldn't decipher what it was.

Tsu looked down as the blond continued to explain. "He was on a mission, to lead a rebel group to the castle and force King Todoroki to listen to the complaints of the towns folk and fix them. He...he was caught and..."

There was a beat of silence before Suneater finished, "Executed."

Shoto racked his brain, trying to remember a major execution. "How long ago was this?"

"About a year or two. It's still hard to talk about," Jiro twisted her ear cord around her finger.

Shoto figured that since he didn't remember seeing it or hearing about it, it was during one of his...punishments. In the dungeon. Away from all human interaction. "But what was all that talk about betrayal? Was he caught because someone gave up his location?"