15. Baddies and Badass

[Shoto's POV]

"Eri, how long have you been here?" Shoto asked, sitting on the floor in front of the mattress.

Eri thought for a minute, "Five years? Six? I'm not positive."

Shoto looked over at her in shock. "That's a long time. I assume he doesn't treat you very well."

Eri shrugged. "The pain is quick. He always resets me, and that's not too bad. I'm fine right now. The pain never lingers."

Shoto shook his head, "That's still abuse. I'll help get you out of here, don't worry."

Eri sighed, "Don't get my hopes up. Some things are impossible. I've accepted my fate. Everything is fine."

"Eri, he's going to kill you." Shoto got up, moving closer and kneeling down in front of her. "I can't just leave you here to die. Trust me, I'll get you out of here. I've escaped from certain places before. However, this may be more difficult."

"Where did you escape from?" Eri asked curiously. Shoto had a feeling she was trying to change the subject, but he answered her anyways.

"The castle. That is where I used to live. I had to escape from my father."

"Did he hurt you too?"

Shoto hesitated, his hand instinctively going to wrap around his stomach, a place his father often targeted. "Yes."

Eri lifted her right hand, hovering it over the left side of Shoto's face where his scar was. "Did he do this?"

"No, my mother did. It was an accident, though."

Eri put her hand down. "I do not remember my mother nor my father. I guess I prefer that than to be sad whenever I think of them."

Shoto couldn't believe how little emotion and hope was left inside this girl. When he was younger, he at least had Natsuo and Touya. Eri had no one. Shoto hesitantly gave her a small hug. "I'm sorry for everything you've had to endure."

Eri latched her arms around his neck, small tears pricking the sides of her eyes. "It really does hurt a lot sometimes."

Shoto sat beside Eri, who leaned against him. Shoto felt a fierce protectiveness towards her. He immediately knew he'd do absolutely anything for her. No one should have to suffer this much.

---

[Kirishima's POV]

For Kirishima, stealth wasn't always his strong suit. He was still good at it, sure, but his quirk and body type weren't exactly meant for sneaking around. He kept to the shadows, watching the black-haired girl from a distance and making sure she didn't get too far ahead. She walked very aloof, as if she didn't just have a meeting with a castle guard about who knows what. Kirishima watched as she turned down an alley, and he followed a few seconds later to find it completely empty.

This is near where Todoroki was, he thought, looking at the surrounding buildings. He examined the walls until he reached a door, which he opened carefully, looking around at the inside of the abandoned warehouse. There were many different hallways coming off the main room, and Kirishima knew he'd get lost as soon as he turned down one.

He looked up, noting that the black-haired girl was watching him from the overhead balcony. He saw the footprints and sensed he was being watched. "I know you're up there, come down."

The girl moved silently, coming to the top of the stairs. "Who are you?"

"I could ask you the same thing." Kirishima activated his quirk, setting his hands in a fighting stance. "Who do you work for?"