16. Bargains and Bastards

[Bakugo's POV]

A red feather was held against the back of Bakugo's neck as Hawks led him down different allies and side streets. The feather was unnaturally sharp, and Bakugo had to grit his teeth to restrain himself from spinning around and strangling the bird when he felt a drop of blood slide down his neck.

Hawks had sent Tokoyami back to the castle, telling him he'd be back after questioning Bakugo. Bakugo had no idea what was about to happen, but since he never answered Hawks' question, Bakugo assumed he was heading towards some kind of hidden torture chamber.

They stopped in front of a tailor shop and Bakugo raised an eyebrow in confusion. "If you're here for an actual updated fucking outfit, you're out of luck. This place sucks ass."

"Why do you know?"

"You think I just get these clothes from anywhere? I have some fucking taste, asswipe," Bakugo crossed his arms.

Hawks chuckled and Bakugo repressed a shiver as the feather moved. "You really are a character. I'm curious to see how you two will interact."

"Huh?! Who the fuck—" Bakugo was cut off by Hawks moving them both forward and inside the shop.

An older man with gray hair and a small mustache and beard sat behind the counter. He was wearing a dark suit, the tailcoat making him look more like a butler than a shop owner. He set his tea down to stand up and speak to them.

"Ah, Mr. Hawks. Your appointment is waiting upstairs. And who is this? He looks like trouble." The man held a hand out to Bakugo. "I am Danjuro Tobita, the owner of this fine tailoring shop."

Bakugo huffed, "I don't care."

The man sighed, "You never meet any kids with manners nowadays." He sat back down, gesturing half-heartedly to the second story. "Go on up, Mr. Hawks and company. I must get back to my tea."

Hawks pushed them both forward again, up the stairs and into the small resting room. There were a few mattresses on the floor, along with a couch. Sprawled out on the couch was a figure Bakugo absolutely did not expect to see. Black hair and purple scared skin stuck out starkly against the faded green of the couch, along with his long black overcoat. Bright turquoise eyes roved over them as they came in, amusement replacing his annoyance when he laid his bored eyes on Bakugo.

"This is a surprise," Dabi spoke, getting up to tower over the two males. "You didn't tell me you were brining company."

"Fucking shriveled raisin—why is it that the universe fucking hates me?" Bakugo grumbled, explosions crackling in his palms.

Hawks shoved his feather deeper against Bakugo's neck. "Don't use your quirk. I won't hesitate to stab this through your neck."

"Well, dipshit, sometimes my quirk just kind of does what it wants, so if this whole place gets blown to pieces because I'm aggravated over that burnt crisp's facial expressions, don't blame me."

"Feisty as always, Murder God or whatever. For real though, Keigo, why is he here?" Dabi sat back down on the couch, watching them both with alert eyes.

"He knows something about Shoto. So I brought him here to tell us." Hawks gestured for Bakugo to sit as well, and he of course refused.

Dabi rolled his eyes, "Shoto's with his little band of revolutionists. I saw him when we went to discuss the whole Overhaul thing."

Hawks pouted, "So I did all this for nothing?"

"Not nothing. We can ask why he's there or how long he's staying or really anything else about their group." Dabi leaned forward. "You gonna answer anything?"