8. Allies

Fatgum kept his distance from the small group gathered around one of the couches. A man with light blue hair and dry, flakey skin grinned at him, which was an unsettling sight. Shoto noticed Denki had moved slightly in front of him as if to protect or block him, though Shoto was taller. Shoto itched to pull his hood up, though that may draw more attention.

The man who was talking pulled a hand out from behind him and placed it over his face. Shoto couldn't decide if that made him look better or worse. "Now, about our little alliance. I'm sure you have more information now. So, what is it?"

Bakugo, who was now standing beside Kirishima, tsked. "Like I'd tell you, Hand Job."

The man grunted and scratched his neck. "Katsuki Bakugo. Of course I had to be unlucky enough to visit when you were as well."

"Sorry for living here, bitch." Bakugo cracked his knuckles casually. "I'm the one with all the information, anyways. If you don't want to talk to me, leave."

The man scowled and looked to the other people with him. Shoto had to admit, they made quite a sight. A lizard, a magician, a black cloud, a dude in a body suit, some burnt dude, and, of course, the hand man.

The black cloud spoke up. "We need the information. Give it to us now and we'll leave."

"You can get basic shit: the monster is hiding in one of the abandoned buildings uptown. Lots of crime and shit up there anyways, so it's a perfect base," Bakugo told them.

The hand man frowned. "That's it?"

"It's all you dipshits get. Now leave. We'll let you know if and when your assistance is needed." Bakugo gestured grandly towards the door.

The black cloud melted into what appeared to be a portal. Before anyone entered, though, scar dude spoke up. "Who's your new friend?"

Bakugo tense slightly but instantly relaxed into his normal posture, "Pardon?"

"I'm not blind. Who's behind the traffic light?" The scar dude's blue eyes bored into Shoto's.

Hand man took notice of him, too. His skeletal grin came back, "Is he for ransom?"

"He look tied up or held against his will, Shiggy?" The lizard dude spoke up, having seen Shoto too. Great, now he was the center of attention again.

"Sometimes the best ransoms are when the victims never know." The man scratched his neck again; it must be some kind of anxious action. "Seriously, though. Why you got that brat with you?"

Shoto bristled at being called a brat but didn't say anything. He'd been called worse. Maybe he was just on edge from everything going on.

Kirishima answered, "That is none of your concern. I think it's best if you leave now."

The scar dude gave Kirishima a blank stare, a small smirk on his face. "Alright, whatever. I got places to be anyways." With that, he stepped through the portal.

The body suit guy cocked his head. "So we're not going to do anything? Let's rip his head off!" Shoto blinked at the random transformation.

"Nope. Let's go; with him here, this place isn't safe." The lizard went through next, followed by bodysuit man.

The magician scoffed, "Like this place was safe beforehand." He did a dramatic bow at the entrance to the portal, "Till next time."

Last was hand man, who was staring at Shoto intently. "Seems like things are getting much more interesting now." Then, once he stepped through, him and the portal were gone.

Fatgum sighed and sat on a nearby couch. "They need to stop doing that."

Kirishima nodded, "Tell me about it; they're here like every other day."

"Once this mission is done, though, we won't have to be in this alliance anymore," Mina mentioned, peeking up at the thought.

"Yeah, but this mission isn't going to be done by tomorrow. We still don't have all the information we need." Sero sat down on the floor, propping his head up with his hand.

"Are you really going to discuss this in front of him?" Jiro's ear pointed at Shoto.

Fatgum gave Shoto a leveled look. "Do you even know what we're talking about?"

"Some mission about some monster in a building uptown."

Kirishima shrugged, "I see no harm."

Bakugo grunted, "I've had enough of this shit today. I'm going to lie down." He turned and marched towards the exit, slowing down as he heard Kirishima call out to him.

"I'll meet up with you in a bit!" Kirishima turned to Fatgum. "Serious question, though: what do we do with him?"

Shoto raised an eyebrow, "I don't like being referred to as if I'm an object." Too much of that happened at home.

Kirishima gave him an apologetic smile. "Sorry. We just have a lot of other things going on."

Fatgum rubbed his chin thoughtfully. "Why don't we ask this instead: what do you want to do, Todoroki?"

Shoto couldn't stop the surprise that flicked onto his face, "What?"

"I'll let you decide. Do you want to stay here, even temporarily, to help us out, or do you want a ride out of town?"

Shoto looked down at his feet. Did he want to stay here, within his father's reach? Would it be more dangerous to try to leave the kingdom alone? At least if he stays here, there's someone to watch his back. It didn't have to be forever. He just needed to stay until they no longer wanted his help.

What's the harm in staying a little longer?

"If it is alright with you, I would like to stay."

Denki grinned, flinging his arm around Shoto's shoulders. "Aw, yeah, man! We're going to have so much fun!"

"Denki, this is supposed to be serious," Jiro chided, giving him a harsh glare.

"It's your job to be serious. I'm just here to make everything interesting."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-948 words-

Sorry not sorry if you were left on a bit of a cliffhanger :P

QOTC: Bakusquad or Dekusquad? 

Thank you for reading :)) I'm going to go have some tea with bestie Satan now if anyone wants to join :D

hAvE a GoOd DaY i SuPpOsE