6. Running and Rebels

Whatever Shoto had been expecting, it wasn't the scene that was before him. A large underground cavern spread out below him, a steep ramp leading to what looked to be the edge of the strange city. Many tents, stalls, and carts were arranged in what Shoto could only assume was their versions of houses. A few of the tents looked to only fit one or two people, while others were ten times that. Torches, lanterns, and bonfires dotted the city like stars, each shining with a different intensity.

Mina poked him in the back. "You done admiring?"

Shoto gave a small smile, "It's beautiful."

Mina gazed out at the city, a strange mix of regret, sadness, and love behind her eyes. "It is. Come on, let's catch up to the others."

Shoto followed Mina down the ramp. The others were waiting at the base, Bakugo and Kirishima talking with someone who was at the stall closest to the ramp. It was almost like their version of a guardhouse. The blonde boy they were talking with had a tail growing behind him, which Shoto guessed was his quirk.

Someone squealed beside his ear, making him jump slightly. He looked at the empty space...before it started talking to him.

"Oh. My. Gosh! He's the prince! The real prince! How crazy is that; the prince, in our city!" The air had a very girly voice.

Denki started wheezing when he saw Shoto's confused face. "Oh-oh, oh my, Todoroki—you should see your face—"

Shoto quirked an eyebrow. "What's so funny? The air is talking."

This caused Sero to join in Denki's laughter, and soon enough they were both leaning on each other, gripping the other's shoulders to keep from falling. Mina was covering her mouth to hide a smile as well.

Jiro rolled her eyes, "Hagekure, meet Shoto Todoroki. Todoroki, meet Toru Hagekure, her quirk is invisibility."

Shoto's eyes widened when he saw a rock lift from the ground. "Oh."

The girly giggle of Hagekure sounded once again. "I'm sorry! I sometimes forget no one can see me." The rock moved over beside the tail dude. "This is my boyfriend, Mashirao Ojiro. Welcome to our humble rebel base, your highness."

---

"Your highness? I have brought the dinner you requested." Shoto opened his door to find the white-haired servant girl who was helping him plan his escape.

"Thank you. If you could set it inside...?" Shoto trailed the question off as she already stepped in, setting the cart by his desk.

The girl bowed deeply, "Is there anything else I can get for you?"

Shoto shook his head. "No, you are dismissed." He watched as she left, the door closing quietly behind her. He walked over to his desk and sighed. It's happening.

Shoto lifted the lid off the food, looking at the delicious soba below it. His stomach begged him to eat it, but unfortunately, he couldn't. He didn't have the time.

Shoto fished the commoners' clothes out from underneath the cart, slipping them on and covering himself with the cloak. He took a last look at his bedroom before crawling underneath the cart. The servant girl should come back in within the next thirty minutes, but Shoto had to make it look like he was elsewhere in case anyone else came in, hence why he was already hiding underneath the cart.

Hiding in the confined space of the food cart brought reality crashing down upon Shoto. He really was small. He was tall, sure, but no where near as bulky as his father was (and who would even want to look like that?) and therefore he was able to squeeze into tighter spaces, as he was now.

A few minutes after he was inside, he heard a knock at his door, followed by it opening. Footsteps approached the cart before stopping. Shoto felt the cart lurch as someone started wheeling it. He practically held his breath, praying no one noticed him. This plan was a basic but foolproof one, so hopefully by tomorrow Shoto would be out in the city, looking for a way out of town. The cart stopped once they made it to what he assumed was the kitchen. The cover of the cart lifted.

"The coast is clear," the servant girl's sweet voice echoed. Shoto crawled out of the cart as gracefully as he could, attempting to avoid falling on his butt. He inclined his head to the girl.

"Thank you. For everything."

She nodded, her gray eyes scanning his face. "I would lay low for a while. Maybe find a small place close to here to sleep then continue tomorrow. Watch out for thieves and thugs."

Shoto walked to the door, pushing it open. The cool night air hit his face, the promise of rain prominent in its scent. He took one last look at the white-haired girl before ducking into the night, going as fast as he could away from the place he used to call home.

Nothing about that place felt like home anyways. Now, he'll never have to see it again.

Shoto laughed slightly to himself at the irony. His father always told him what a disgrace Touya was for running away, that he probably died the first night. He always told Shoto that if he ever became a coward like that, he'd drag him back and lock him in the dungeons for the rest of his life. Shoto used to be scared of that threat. Now, it exhilarated him.

Good luck trying to find me, Father. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-903 words-

Sorry this chapter is shorter lol

This is the last of the cut scenes of him running away though...meaning the real fun is about to begin

QOTC: Favorite MHA ship(s)? NO HATE!! I'M JUST CURIOUS AJNFEKIJIEN

Enjoy the rest of your day peoples :P