2. Shoto's Luck

Shoto stripped himself of his blazer type jacket, tossing it onto his bed. He had pulled the note out of its side pocket already, and he carefully opened it once he was sitting at his desk.

I can help.

Shoto stared at the note for what felt like hours but was only a few minutes. She can help? Help him do what? Get married? Kill himself? Kill his father? Shoto groaned, burying his head in his arms. He felt the rough scar on his face rub against the silky material of his white undershirt. It felt somewhat pleasant, almost like a calming caress, and he lifted his head in resolve.

He'd just have to ask what she meant.

---

Shoto glared down at the brown-haired girl, who giggled slightly as her criminal friends gathered around.

"Are you going to give up now?" She asked, spinning her umbrella slightly.

Shoto frowned. This girl definitely had some type of levitation quirk, and Deku and Ingenium seemed to have speed type ones. He had no idea what Toga had, but he was also somewhat concerned to find out. All in all, Shoto should be able to get out of this.

He needed to get out of this.

Toga stamped her foot beneath him. "Are you mute? Why aren't you answering us?"

Deku put a hand on her shoulder, moving her backwards a few steps before coming closer to Shoto. "Look, we can all tell you're probably some rich boy out on an errand for your parents. Why not just hand over what you have then just go home and replenish your supply? If you're rich, this should be no big deal."

Shoto scoffed, the only real noise he's made this whole time. Out on an errand for his parents? Yeah, right. Shoto launched an icicle at the brown-haired girl, hitting her outstretched hand. She jerked it back, but not before it cut a jagged red line across.

She stared at Shoto in shock. "That was so incredibly rude! Now my hand hurts, you asshole!"

"Uravity," Deku commented, "language. We aren't stooping to the levels of others."

Uravity took a deep, slow breath. "You're right. Sorry, Deku! He just annoyed me."

Shoto looked down at the Uravity girl, watching as she covered her mouth with the back of her cut up hand. She looked slightly ill. Shoto figured it was probably straining her to keep him up here. He made a lazy gesture with his hand and the rain around him froze, falling to the ground as mini icicles. Deku quirked an eyebrow.

"You can let him down, U. He's figured it out." Shoto felt slightly pleased as he dropped to the ground until he remembered he was facing four thieves. Deku held his hand out impatiently. "Bag. Now."

Shoto reached his left hand into his bag and felt it wrap around the small dagger he kept in there. He ripped it out and pretended to wind up as if he were going to throw it, but instead made ice shoot out across the ground and up their legs, freezing them in place. He didn't stick around to admire his handiwork, though. He sprinted for the exit of the marketplace, smiling slightly when he didn't hear ice cracking.

For the moment, as long as he kept running, he was safe.

---

Shoto stopped running after about an hour. He had no idea where he was, but since the thieves lived in this city, he figured they would've found him by now if they really wanted to. Therefore, Shoto decided it was time for a rest. He somehow made it to what looked like a main road, with more people crowded on the soaked streets. The rain had stopped, but everything had been thoroughly soaked through. The roads probably wouldn't be fully dry for a week.