Chapter 30;

"Hey Dan-hee— oh! Hi! Who is he?" Jaemin asked as we walked inside my office. "This is my new secretary... Jung Sungchan." I said and his mouth dropped. "H-he's real right? Am I hallucinating too? Oh my... did he look exactly like that?" Jaemin asked and I nodded. "Hey, uh... Sungchan, can you do me a favor and pinch me?" Jaemin said as Sungchan pinched Jaemin in the arm and to Jaemin's surprise and relief, he was really real. "Oh wow... you're uh... real. That's absolutely great. Anyway, Dan-hee... sorry for bothering you on your birthday, but Jeno is really annoying and he forced me to ask you on what gift I should give to In-na since she just got promoted at work." Jaemin said. "Oh, buy her anything. In-na will like anything you give her, just please make it pretty. Maybe like a necklace? Yeah... or maybe something as simple as flowers and chocolate." I said. "Oh, okay thanks. By the way, we're having like a get-together later. We're eating dinner together in celebration of your birthday and In-na's promotion. You should bring Sungchan." Jaemin said and I looked at Sungchan who looked at me. "Uh, I'll ask him once you leave. Okay, so is that all Jaem?" I asked and he nodded. "Yeah that's all. Bye~!" He said and went out. "You heard him, do you wanna go?" I ask Sungchan. "Yeah sure! My family is in America because they own a business there... but I didn't want to live just depending on their money so I just went ahead and tried to work. And I'm sure they're not waking up until later before midnight. Sorry... I overshared." He said while scratching his nape. "Oh, no... it's fine really. It would be a pleasure to get to know more about you. However, not right now. I have a lot of things to do and you have to fix your desk. Let's talk about it later. Do you wanna go to the dinner together?" I said. "Sure, but I'm driving okay?" He said and I nodded with a chuckle.

A few hours later...

"Okay! Yes! I'm finally done with the paperwork for today. Are you done, Sungchan?" I ask. "Yes, oh... wow it seems like it's 5:30 now... you said the dinner party is supposed to be at 5:45." Sungchan said. "Well, we can be a little late. They'll understand that I have a lot of work to do." I said and Sungchan nodded. "Okay, let's go. Sungchan, catch!" I said as I threw him my keys and he caught them.

I lead him to my car, and he drove to the place Jaemin told us to go to. It was a 20 minute drive, but it was fine.

"Hey Dan—- oh? Who's this?" Shotaro asked. "This is my new secretary. Jaemin told me to bring him too." I said. "Oh, hi! We're her friends. What's your name?" Je-sook asked. "Hi, I'm Jung Sungchan, but you can call me Sungchan." He said as everyone's mouths dropped. "W-why? Is there something wrong?" Sungchan asked worriedly. "Uh actually it's just because eonni had—" "Nothing." I cut In-na off since I don't want him to know yet. "He looks exactly the same... am I right?" Jisung asked and I nodded. Though they didn't see Sungchan's face before, Jisung might've taken the hint from my face. "Okay, enough staring at him. He's gonna feel uncomfortable, let's order if y'all haven't." I said as we all went to sit down.

"So, why were you late Dan-hee?" Renjun asked while we were eating. "Oh I just finished signing and reviewing some paperwork like.... 25 minutes ago." I said. "Oh, okay... sorry I can't relate. I'm not a workaholic." Renjun said as we all laughed. "Dan-hee, can you pass me that plate?" Sungchan said quietly as he pointed to a certain plate that was a little too far for him. I took the plate and gave it to him. "He calls you Dan-hee?" Shotaro asked. "Yeah, we're actually the same age. Today is actually his birthday too!" I said and their eyes widened. "Happy birthday Sungchan! That's such a coincidence." They said. "Yeah it is..." Sungchan shyly said. "Hey, don't be shy." I said as I tapped his shoulder and he smiled at me. We all continued to eat and chat... maybe we drank a little too.

"Sungchan, why are you so quiet?" Haechan asked. "Oh, I uh... I'm just feeling kinda shy since I just met you guys earlier." Sungchan said. "Oh come on, we don't care about time... we already love you as one of our friends. So, do you have a girlfriend or are you single?" Haechan asked. "Oh, I'm single." He said and everyone nodded. "So, any siblings?" Haechan asked again. "Yeah, I actually have an older brother. His name is Jung Jaehyun." Sungchan said and my eyes widened. "He's married and with a child, right?" I asked nervously. "Wow! How'd you know? That's amazing. Yeah, my brother is married and he has a daughter. Her name is Hae-rin, and my brother's wife is Hae-jin. They actually live in Seoul too, it's just that I didn't really wanna rely on them for money and stuff, so I work. I did graduate in business managing, but I like it better if I can just help my boss." Sungchan said. "Oh, so you're family is rich too?" Renjun asked and Sungchan nodded. "That's amazing of you to actually work without your parents' support in financial needs and stuff, if I'm saying it correctly." Jeno said. "Why are the girls so quiet?" Jaemin suddenly asked. "We're letting you guys have your conversation. But, sadly it is 8:30 pm, so I have to leave. Sungchan, I'm gonna go, wanna come? You can stay and talk with them." I said. "Oh nono, we actually need to go too. It's alright, we all have work together so it's fine." Shotaro said and we all nodded. We all went our own ways, and this time I offered to drive. "No no no, you drank a little. Don't drive." Sungchan said. "But you're tired, I can driv—" "No, I'll drive Dan-hee. Put in your address on the gps and I'll drive you home, okay?" He said and I had no choice but to just go with his decision.

He drove me to my house and we both got out of the car. "Thank you so much for driving me here. I'm sorry for making you tired. How are you gonna get home?" I asked. "I can just go walk a few blocks down since my house is very near here... unexpectedly." He said. "Oh, okay then. I'll see you tomorrow?" I ask. "Yes ma'am." He said with a huge smile on his face. "Okay, thanks again... I'll go inside now. See you tomorrow." I said and waved at him as I went inside, and he walked away.