Chapter 25;

Sungchan's P.O.V:
I really thought about what hyung said to me earlier.

*flashback*

"I'm sure she likes you too. I don't think Dan-hee would be this comfortable with you if she didn't like you. What do you call her?" Hyung asked. "I call her 'love' because we're pretending to be a couple in school." I said. "When you said that, did she blush?" He asked. "Well... yeah." I said. "Then she likes you. Dan-hee is kinda similar to your noona. Me and your noona were very close friends, but somehow we were too scared to admit it because we didn't want to break the friendship we made. Better being friends than nothing right? But that's not the point. The point here is, Dan-hee likes you too. I can tell by the way she looks at you and she acts around you. Be confident, okay? I expect you guys to be a thing by the time your winter ball is done. I'm tired of seeing you two flirt without any label." Hyung said as I chuckled. "I'll try hyung... I'll try." I said.

*end of flashback*

I'll try. I said to myself.

Once we got to school, they just dropped us off since no one really goes with their children inside. But anyway, we both went inside and Dan-hee was kinda cold even though she's wearing a fur coat. "Love, come here. Stay close to me hm? You're cold am I right?" I said to her with a sweet smile as I looked at her and saw stars in her eyes. "Okay." She said and I pecked her forehead. She's blushing. "I made you blush again~~" I said teasingly. "Stop it Sung. It's not funny. It's very cold." She said with a pout. "Aw~ okay. I'll let this slide since you're so cute." I said as I pinched her nose a little. We went inside the gymnasium and sat at the table with the student council officers and their dates.

"Sungchan oppa?" A girl said and I turned to look at her while I was beside Dan-hee. "Oh! Hey! How are you?" I said as I stood up to greet her. "I've been fine. I don't see you much at school anymore. Busy?" She asked. "Yeah... anyway these are my friends." I said as I pointed to the table I was sitting at. "Oh, nice to meet you guys. I'm Sungchan oppa's girlfriend." She said as Dan-hee widened her eyes with hurt visible in her expression. "Hey~ don't joke like that. This is my cousin. She's just joking. Anyway, I'd like to introduce to you my girlfriend." I said. "Oh, where is she?" She asked looking around the table. "She's right here. Stand up, love." I said as I held Dan-hee's hand. "You?!" My cousin yelled. "What do you mean? Is there anything wrong?" I asked. "Yeah, this girl bullied Haneul, oppa." She said. "Oh my goodness... you're Haneul's friend aren't you?" I asked my cousin and she nodded. "Well, I hate to break it to you, but my girlfriend did not bully Haneul. I am always with Dan-hee and I can assure you that she did not bully your friend. Haneul is the one who literally talked bad about her!" I said with rage evident in my eyes. "Love, let it go... she's getting scared." Dan-hee said as she held my arm. "I'm sorry about that, but I can assure you that I never bullied your friend." Dan-hee said as my cousin nodded and walked away. We sat back down. "I think you both deserve an oscar." Jeno hyung said. "Nah, I was really mad." I said. "Oh... anyway... what's with the 'love' thing going on?" Shotaro hyung said. "About that, I told her that we should call each other that." I said. "Mhm... I see... okay." Jaemin hyung said with a smirk which made me nervous. "Hey! Dan-hee!! Can you please help me with something?" A guy from our class with the name Ju-hyun said to Dan-hee. "Uh, it depends on what it is... what's wrong?" Dan-hee said. "Well, there's a bit of a situation in the women's restroom... there's a student that's hurt and she needs help." He said, but there was something suspicious about him. "Uh, sure... which restroom?" Dan-hee said as she stood up to leave but I grabbed her wrist. "Don't go. I've seen you before. You're one of the creepy senior's minions. If that person was bleeding, why would she go to the bathroom instead of the nurse's office? It's literally nearer than the restroom. Second, how do you know what's happening in the women's restroom? Are you a pervert? Lastly, you're not a good liar buddy. You've been standing too still, blinking your eyes rapidly, and you're hands are sweating. This is a set up." I asked the guy. "Okay, fine. Jeez... you're right. Who do you think you are? A detective? Tsk." He said and walked away. "Wow, Sungchan that was so cool!" Jisung said. "It was nothing... he looked really suspicious." I said, but then... I felt someone hugging me. Dan-hee. "Thank you." She said. "Aw~ it's alright. I knew something was wrong with him the second I looked at him. Come on, you might smudge your make up if you keep on pressing your cheeks on my tux." I said with a chuckle, but she didn't budge. "Hm, do you want me to kiss you?" I asked her as she widened her eyes and quickly stopped hugging me. "Now I kinda wish you didn't stop hugging me. I wanted to kiss you." I said with a pout. "Sungchan, you are being oddly cringey." Renjun hyung said. "Sorry..." I said, but then I felt someone's lips on my cheek. It was Dan-hee. "Okay! Everyone, please get your dates or partners and dance the night away! But!! Disclaimer that I am not playing the literal song. I'm going to play a slow dance song for you guys to have your moment." The DJ said as we all laughed. I stood up, and reached out my hand to her. "Let's dance?" I asked. "Let's dance." She said as she stood up and held my hand. We went to the center of the gymnasium and started dancing.

As we were dancing... I felt like it was the right time to tell her... "Love?" I said. "Hm?" She asked as she stared into my eyes. "I love you. For real... and I don't think I wanna keep on pretending because I actually want us to be real, but the thing is I don't know if you feel the same way and I don't want out friendship to be ru—" I said, but then she cut me, and just kissed me. "I love you too." She said with a smile as we both pulled away. I hugged her tight, but we still kept on dancing. It was a very fun night.

Once the winter ball was done, we went home, took a shower, told my parents that we're dating for real, and then we went back to our own rooms.

After about 30 mins of trying to sleep, I was really having trouble to sleep. I decided to check if Dan-hee's asleep so I went to her room. I tried opening her door, but it was locked. Good girl. "Who's there?" She asked. "It's me, love." I said and I heard the door unlock. I opened the door and went inside. "Hey~ why are you still awake?" She asked. "Oh, I couldn't sleep. What about you? Did I perhaps wake you up?" I asked. "No no no, I also couldn't sleep. Want to watch something? Our practice tomorrow is in the afternoon so we can wake up late. Jeno and Jaemin are having their first practice tomorrow so they're going to practice in the morning. Let's continue 'Fight for my way?" She asks and I nod. She pulls out her laptop as we both sit on her bed. We started watching and it was peaceful, fun and just... nice. I gave her a few pecks from time to time and she reacted with a chuckle. It feels different now that I really am her boyfriend. It feels better.

After a few episodes, we were tired so we decided to sleep. I asked her if it's fine for me to sleep beside her and cuddle, and she said yes. The one thing you can really count on when you start dating your friend or best friend, is that you know that you're comfortable with them. That's one of the things I like about our relationship.