Chapter 21;

Dan-hee's P.O.V:
"Okay, she said okay." Sungchan said. "Yes! I wonder who our new choreographer is..." I said. "I just hope he or she isn't like the last one." Sungchan said and I nodded my head in agreement. Sungchan suddenly sighed and leaned on my shoulder... my heart started beating quickly... this is the first time this has happened. My heart never beats this fast for anyone! I decided to play with his hair to not make it obvious. "You two look like a couple you know?" A classmate of ours said. "Who?" I asked while looking at her. "You and Sungchan." She said. "Yah, I think they are a couple... look at this." Another one of our classmates said showed everyone a picture. That was the time when we were pretending to be one. "Where did you get that photo?" Sungchan asked. with his head still on my shoulder. "Oh, my cousin sent it to me. My cousin's family knows your family and somehow she got a picture of you kissing Dan-hee's forehead." She said. "Okay, uh... please don't tell this to your cousin, but—" "Fine, we're dating." Sungchan said as my eyes widened. "We knew it!" Our classmates said. I looked at Sungchan in the eye trying to tell him something.

What was that?

Well, if you told her then she might tell her cousin. We don't want that.

I know, but we have to pretend almost all day, everyday that we're a couple??? That's gonna be tough.

I know, wait I'm gonna call mom and ask her about the situation... how does that sound?

Good I guess... go and call mother.

Sungchan stood up and went outside to call mother.

He came back after a while. "She said that we can just pretend I guess." Sungchan whispered to me and I nodded. "I'm sorry..." Sungchan said. "It's alright. We're good at pretending right?" I whispered to him. He opened his arms and I hugged him. I sighed while my face is buried in his chest. "I'm very sorry Dan-hee... I know it's hard for you. You might like someone here in school." Sungchan whispered. "No no no... it's okay. I do like someone at the moment, but it's fine. Also, I'm not pretending to date a random stranger. It's you... and I'm comfortable with you." I said. Jeez, that was so cringey but... it was the truth. Sungchan pecked my forehead and I blushed. Jeez... maybe the guy I was saying that I like is Sungchan.

Dance practice time...

Sungchan and I walked to the dance practice room after changing our clothes. We opened the door and saw San-ha oppa. My cousin. "Oh? San-ha oppa? Why are you here?" I asked. "I'm your new dance choreographer." He said with a chuckle. "Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Sungchan." Sungchan said. "I know... there's something flying around the school by the way. I don't think it's a rumour, but are you guys dating?" San-ha oppa asked. "Oh, no oppa. We have to pretend to date because we have a classmate that showed us a photo of us pretending because we had to and if tell them the truth, then everything will get messed up." I said. "Oh I see... he looks like a good match for you though." San-ha oppa said. "Uh, I don't mean to butt in your conversation... but why do you call him oppa?" Sungchan asked. "Don't worry, she's my cousin. I do have to thank you for helping my cousin with thart pervert yesterday. I gotta say, I really want you to date my cousin." San-ha oppa said and I smacked his arm. "Can we just start practice? We're not going to finish anything if you keep on talking." I said with a forced smile. "Jeez, calm down. Sungchan can you please tame this tiger? HAHAHA." San-ha oppa said and Sungchan laughed as I walked to a corner of the room. "No like seriously, you should tame her... she's at the corner again." San-ha oppa said. Sungchan walked towards me and looked at me trying to say something.

Let's go practice now, hm? Come on...

Psh, just go laugh with my cousin.

Oh come on... please? I'm sorry.

Hm... maybe I was overreacting.

It's alright. Let's practice now, okay?

Okay.

Sungchan opened his arms and I hugged him. He hugged me back and I walked towards the center of the practice room. "Okay. Let's start practice." San-ha oppa said and we started the practice.

After practice...

"Okay... and we're done for today! Good job guys. You go on with your date or something." San-ha oppa said. "YA!" I yelled and was about to literally throw hands at San-ha oppa, but Sungchan carried me before I could approach San-ha oppa. Sungchan got both of our bags and went to the door. "We'll get going now San-ha hyung... thank you." Sungchan said while he was carrying everything... including me.

"Hey you might wanna let me down." I said. "Then promise that you won't explode at San-ha hyung." Sungchan said and I nodded. He put me down and gave me my bag. "Okay, so... let's go to the cafe now." I said as we started walking to the cafe.

Once we got to the cafe, we went to the counter to order. "Hm... I'll order an iced americano and.... what about you Dan-hee?" He asks. "Oh, I'll get the caramel macchiato. Do you not want any food?" I asked Sungchan. "Nah, I'm not hungry yet." Sungchan said and I nodded. "One iced americano and one caramel macchiato please... oh and can the caramel macchiato be cold?" I asked as the lady at the counter nodded. "Okay thank you..." I said. "That'll be 5 000 won." The waitress said. I took out my wallet and paid. "Okay... thank you very much, when this lights up and vibrates it means your drinks are ready." The waitress said. Sungchan and I sat down. To be honest, earlier at the counter... I saw the waitress looking at Sungchan from time to time. "She likes you." I said. "No joke I saw her look at me plenty of times." He said. "Aigoo~ this is what you get for being handsome." I said. "Oh, so I'm handsome?" He asked with a smirk. "Yeah. You think I would say that you're not?" I said. "No... it's not that, but it's just surprising." He said. "It's nothing to be surprised about. It's true. Why do you think so many girls like you?" I said. "Well... you have a point. So... what are we gonna do if that lady lays her hand on me and shoots her shot?" Sungchan asked. "We do what we always do." I said and suddenly, the drinks were ready. Sungchan stood up and got the drinks.

"She gave me her number and winked at me." Sungchan said as he sat down with our drinks in hand. "It's alright... we can pretend right now because she's probably watching." I said and he nodded. "Should I sit beside you?" He asks. "You can if you want to." I said as he stood up and sat beside me. He wrapped his arm around my waist and leaned on my shoulder. "Psh... why are you suddenly so clingy now?" I asked with a laugh. "I just want to... but like for real, it's because I want to." He said. To be honest, I blushed... but I can say that I hid it pretty well. "Let's stay here for a while and then go home." I said. "Can we go home now? I miss Hae-rin... I want to play with her." Sungchan said. "Oh come on eonni is with her at home." I said, and realizing what I said... it kinda sounds like Hae-rin is our kid. "Let's go home." Sungchan said and stood up. I stood up as well and he held my hand. We both walked out of the cafe and went home.