Chapter 11

I quickly make my way back into the bedroom closing the door behind me

I quickly make my way back into the bedroom closing the door behind me. I place Anya down in her bassinet making sure any toy she grabs will be within reach so she doesn't start crying. I need to put her down and cool off.

I can't believe I just said that to him.

Why? He deserved it.

As she is safe in her playpen cooing away with her little toys, I start to pace the room nervously. Shaking my hands and try to calm myself as best as I can so I don't cry. Frustrated tears are more annoying than sad tears. Those don't fucking turn off.

 I take a deep breath before sitting on the bed, I'm startled and confused when I hear a soft knock on the door.

I walk over to the door, expecting to see Mariella, but instead, I see a distressed man standing on the other side of the door. I finally take him in. His hair is slicked back perfectly, his face is cleanly shaven, I prefer him to look scruffy personally. 

His hands are in the pockets of his black dress pants and he is wearing a black long sleeve button-down dress shirt to match. The shirt hugs his arm muscles so perfectly. I didn't realize how long I was staring at him until I looked into his eyes realizing he was doing the same.

"What?" I finally said making him take his eyes off my body and meet my eyes.

"I," was all he could choke out before I closed the door in his face.

He knocked again and I opened it.

"How can I help you?" I opened the door again.

"I don't know what to say Samantha."

He stays quiet for a few seconds before I shrug and close the door again.

Fuck he came up here bothering me for?

He knocks again and I roll my eyes before I open it.

"Can you stop?"

No.

I say nothing, I just stare at him. Did he come up here to just stare at me or what. I look dramatically around waiting for him to say something.

"I mean, are you okay?" He asked raising his shoulders.

"Am I okay!" I started to yell but I quickly stopped when I realized the loud noise made Anya starts to fuss. I dart my eyes back to Jeremy before rolling them. Letting go of the door I walk over to the bassinet picking her up and placing her on the bed. I sit next to her making sure she doesn't suddenly develop the ability to roll over. I try not to make her so used to being in my arms but Isaiah spoils her.

Like, let her have her dam tummy time.

"What's her name," he says quietly not moving from the door.

"Anya," I sigh "Anya Mariella Serena Bresset," I said looking away from him and mumbling the last name.