Chapter 16

Mariella has been in the kitchen with Angela cooking all morning

Mariella has been in the kitchen with Angela cooking all morning. How much food could she possibly cook for six people and a baby? 

I personally have been locked in my room all morning having snuggles with my girl watching Anime and Coco melon. I was not lifting a finger. It was my first mothers day as a mother. Today was about me and the little one who made me a mother.

I feel like I haven't spent enough time with her these last few days with everything that's been going on. This mommy-daughter time was much needed.

It was almost 1, the guests would be arriving soon, and I needed to get us ready. We had already taken showers, so the only thing to do was to get dressed. I put on a white dress with pink flowers all over it with a matching pink flower crown on Anya. I cover her in baby powder and put A&D ointment all over her face and legs.

Yes, I am one of those mothers with a shiny ass baby. Kiss my ass.

On myself, I put on an off-the-shoulder white fit and flare dress with a lace design. I place Anya on the bed with her Coco melon while I cover my hands in oil and say a prayer while I unravel this braid out. 

My 4c hair was always a gamble when I did my braid outs. Sometimes it would work, sometimes I would cry and get depressed. Only one would end up with me just slicking it up into a pineapple puff.

Curls! Yes!

The new curl cream I have been using is actually working. Shrunken after a twist out, it barely reaches my shoulders, but shrinkage is a bitch because my hair really reaches a 3rd of the way down my back when I do my silk press which is rare.

I attempt a side part by using edge control to slick the edges on one side and using pins to hold it in place. I tease the front of the other side with a pick giving myself a fake side bang. By some miracle, my hair looks great.

I spray Anya's hair with water and conditioner while finger-coiling it as I go. She has a much looser curl pattern than I do. I touch up my eyebrows with makeup and put on natural lashes. I make sure to put Anya's bracelet on her that Jeremy brought.

I look at us in the mirror, a beautiful dark skin duo, one with soft brown eyes, and one with dark blue eyes. We look adorable. A knock on the door breaks me out of my admiration for her.

"Come in!" I yell, not really caring who it is or taking my attention away from the mirror.

"Hey are you almost-" Jeremy says as he stops. I look over to see him drinking me and the baby in my arms in. He blinks as his eyes widen while taking a hard swallow at the sight of us. He has on light grey plaid dress pants and a tight white shirt that hugs his muscles perfectly. "Are you almost ready, everyone's about to sit down," he says clearing his throat.

"Yea, let's go," I say walking towards him.

"Samantha," he says as I walk past him out the doors, I stop and turn around looking at him questionably.