Save

My eyes twinkled to the sight of the ground beneath the wall. My grin grew, thinking of how this should go. My arms flew open, pointing out of my sides. I spun around, facing the land within Wall Rose.

"Goodbye." I whispered, shifting my bodyweight back.

I felt the air push against my back as I was free falling. You all will be happier now that I'll be gone. I saw the wall distance itself further and further away. I shut my eyes as I felt my body clash against something. The air was pushing another direction, against the side of my face. My eyes opened to see charcoal hair dancing in the wind and pitch black eyes reflecting the moonlight. I ignored it, closing my eyes again, feeling my body grow tired, loosening my muscles. I felt the air slow significantly as he landed.

"Hey, wake up." His voice was low, laying me on the top of the wall. I then opened my eyes. "Thank god." He sighed in relief, sitting besides me, breathing rapidly.

"What?" I spoke, realizing where I was. I wasn't in the green grass on the other side of the wall. I wasn't in heaven nor hell. "Where am I?" I asked, lifting my upper body in confusion.

"You're on Wall Rose." Levi murmured, still catching his breath.

Tears began to form in my eyes. No, no, no. I'm supposed to be gone, dead! I felt a warm drop tickle my cheek, seeing my vision blur. The moon shone down at us in a cool light.

"I'm supposed to be dead." I whispered, sniffling as my nose stuffed up. "I'm supposed to be dead!" I shouted, turning my head to Levi.

"Well, you're not, Nadette." That was the first time I ever heard him actually use my name, my first name. "And you're not going to." he added, finally being calm after gathering his breath.

"No. I need to."

I stood up, as did he. I just ran. I tried my best to jump once more, feeling tears flow down the side of my face. I felt his grip grab my wrist before I could even jump. He pulled me back lightly. Without thinking, I turned and wrapped my arms around his shoulders, feeling my body grow weak as I continued to cry in the nook of his neck. He slowly lowered his knees to the ground as my body followed his movement.

"It's ok." he whispered, wrapping his hands around my waist. I couldn't think. I couldn't speak. I could only cry. I didn't care if it was Levi who saved me. I felt angry, depressed, and happy at the same time. It was too overwhelming.

"I'm sorry." I whispered, sniffling.

"Don't be." he replied in a quiet tone, holding me in a hug for a few more minutes. My body calmed down, feeling as if my arms and legs grew too heavy to lift or use.

"Why?" I asked, the tears slowing down. I dropped my arms from his body to mine, lifting my head from his shoulder, the shirt being soaked in my tears. "Why did you save me?" I asked once more. I sat back, him pulling his hands away.

"Because I can't stand it when people that fight by my side die." Just those words made me look up, seeing his slightly worried eyes, a sight I never thought I'd see.

"But I'm supposed to die. Everyone has been telling me that: my parents, the old cadets that I used to work with, even people now. They hate me." I kept my puffy eyes focused on his black ones.

"No one is supposed to die. You feel that way because of past experiences." he paused, taking a deep breath. "Erwin cares for you like a father, at least that's what he told me. He wants to help you find who you really are, where you're supposed to be. But your not supposed to be underground with a tombstone over your grave."Just his words made me tear up from the decision I made. Trying to kill myself would've hurt Erwin badly.