Better

It was the day. Today was the day that Levi would finally get released from the medical room, as he's been stuck there for a few months. He was much better now than before. My joy for this was great, making me more energetic and more willing to do almost anything. Many cadets and higher ups took advantage of that and used me to do chores and such.

"So, when?" I asked with bright eyes and clenched fists.

"In a moment." Hanji replied through the closed door. She kept me outside of the room so I wouldn't hug him like crazy once he stood on his own. I was practically jumping in excitement. The door opened, revealing Levi.

"Hey." he said softly. Out of instinct, I jumped forward, hugging him tightly. His arms wrapped around my waist as mine were around his shoulders. I swayed side to side in happiness. "Calm down, you'll reopen my wound." I chuckled to his comment, pulling away. I looked at him, staying at eye level.

"So, you going to tell me?" I raised a brow to my question. His expression was calm, nodding back.

"Follow me." He gripped my hand and pulled me through the empty halls. My smile was so large, it began to hurt my lips.

"Where are we going?" I asked, seeing him push the entrance doors open.

"Just follow me." He ran to the shed by the dead tree, with our hands still clasped. He dropped my hand to place the 3DM gear on, as he remembered leaving his here.

"I can't wait." I was still jumping in curiosity. What will he say?

"Alright." Once he tightened the straps, his arms swept me off my feet.

There was a sunset approaching soon. He let the cables fly, swinging in between buildings with me in his arms. Because of the approaching sunset, the beauty of the pink clouds made me feel free. I watched Levi's face as we soared in the air. He also felt free. His smile and his charcoal eyes expressed it. Levi's hair would flow to the wind. Next thing I realized is that our feet landed on top of the wall, Wall Rose.

"Levi? Why are we here?" The breeze intensified, blowing my locks along with the wind as my gaze fell upon the pink sunset. The clouds were red and pink as the sun burned a bright yellow. The sky behind us grew dark.

"Look at me." I followed his order, though it wasn't sounding like one. My eyes looked into his for awhile.

"Yes?" I stepped forward, grabbing his hands.

"Will you..." He paused for a moment to build more courage. I felt my heart beat quicker to the curiosity. Thump. Thump. Thump. "Marry me?" My thoughts ran dry as my body was completely frozen.

"Marry you, really?" I asked, feeling the breeze blow once more. His lovely black hair flowed towards my face as our lips grew closer and closer. "Yes." I replied. The corner of my lips lifted, seeing his face come close.

"Thank you." He leaned in, kissing me with so much compassion and love. I could feel his arms wrap around my waist, pulling my body close to his. Levi's warm body was against mine, making me feel so warm inside. I loved it. I loved the comfort he would give me.

Our lips were no where near from parting. The heat of the sun faded as the moon began to bloom in the sky. The pink clouds drifted into dark grey ones. My arms snaked around his neck, pulling him closer, if it was even possible.

"That's great to hear." He pulled away, smiling at me. I couldn't help but feel the urge to continue kissing him. It was almost like before when I wanted to do so much more, but I'm not angry nor sad this time.

"It's getting cold. It's about time we head back." I implied as darkness began to cover us.

***

I opened my door, as Levi was in his room, and began to change into something more suitable for sleep. Once my pajamas were on, I lifted my hands up to my chest, feeling my cheeks blush from the moment he proposed.

Knock. Knock. Knock. I ran over to the door quickly, turning the knob to open it.

"Hey." Levi spoke in his monotone voice, but something seemed different.

"I thought you were going to sleep." I added, shutting the door behind him as he entered. Once I spun my head around to look at him, he placed his hand against the door beside my face. Instantly, my face grew hot and red. His face was close, eventually he began to kiss me.

His body pushed against mine, pressing my back against the door. I was shocked. He was less gentle with me. His kissing was still full of love. I felt him wrap his arms around my torso, pulling me off the door. Levi gave no room for me to stop or anything, I just went with the flow. His warm body pushed mine away, making me fall onto my bed. I saw his body then come down on mine. His arms stretched out on both sides of my head, his face just hovering over mine. The body heat was radiating off both of us.

"What are you planning to do, Levi?" I asked with a smirk, raising my hand up to his cheek.

"I guess you'll find out." His smirk made me think instantly of the days that I hated him. For some reason, seeing him frustrated made me laugh back then.

"Can't wait." I felt his body collide with mine as we brushed our lips together.

During our kiss, I stripped my shirt off as did he, only breathing for a few moments before continuing our make out session. The way our bodes were attached, it made me feel so happy. I could feel his abs against my torso, his hands gripping my back, his legs in between mine. Man, was I happy.

***

The next day, I felt joyful to be in Levi's arms. Today was a free day, as Hanji said. His head was right behind mine, me looking at the wall as his arms were tightly around my stomach. I dropped my hand to his, gripping as my gaze wandered to the window. Looking out, I saw the beautiful trees and the bright sun rise to greet us.

-----------------------------------------------------------