Worry

"Levi." I spoke softly, reaching the doors of the headquarters with Eren's hand gripping mine.

"I'll take you to him." he added, not tugging or pulling. I followed his steps without letting his hand go. These steps led to the medical room where Levi and I first kissed.

"Where's Hanji?" I asked, seeing Levi alone on top of a table.

"She must've gone to do something. I'll leave you two here, ok?" Eren's voice was so calm and light. It was as if he was whispering to me as an angel.

"Thank you, Eren." He dropped my hand as his presence slowly faded behind the door frame.

"Nadette." Just hearing Levi's low voice made my eyes well up in tears. I spun my head to look into his charcoal eyes.

"Levi." I walked closer to him, seeing his face resting in pain. The warm tears trickled down my cheeks slowly. "I'm sorry." I whispered, opening my arms to wrap them around his neck, avoiding his abdomen.

"It's not your fault. I'm glad to see you alive." I heard him sniffle, causing me to lift my head. The sight I saw was one I never thought would cross my mind.

"Why are you crying?" I asked while sniffling.

"I could ask the same question." The corners of his lips lifted, presenting a small grin before me.

"I watched my abusive mother die for my life to be spared. She was so nice, but I remember her being abusive and it's just..." I stopped, not thinking of the right words to say.

"Hey, it's alright. I'm sure you're confused about what you're feeling, but just know that she was your mother and it's her sworn duty to protect her child." Levi's hand raised to my cheek, cupping the few tears that left my eye.

"Eren said something like that." I grinned, feeling his warm and delicate touch. "I was also worried about you." I sniffled once more, lifting my hand to meet his.

"I'm crying because I was worried about you, too." His hand then brushed against the back of my head.

His pull brought my face down to his, linking our lips together. This was so nice, feeling his lips once more. Our tears would connect, soaking the collar of his shirt. I pulled away, pushing his hand down to his side.

"I'll watch over you tonight." I spoke, sitting in the chair beside the table.

"Sleep. You need it." he added. My hand gripped his while my other palm rubbed my hair.

"I know, but I just-"

"Sleep." I sighed to his demand.  "Here, just lay on my chest." I nodded as he scooted over to my position just slightly. I lowered my head onto his chest, hearing a faint heartbeat. My smile grew, feeling my head rise and drop to his breathing.

"You know something?" Levi asked as my head turned to see his chin.

"What?" I replied quietly.

"Do you really want to know?" My heart began to jump in curiosity. My thoughts ran wild on what he could possibly say.

"Yea." I nodded along with my word.

"I love you." My eyes grew wide as a smile was plastered onto my face. I was almost speechless.

"You love me?" My question pondered in the silence for a few seconds.

"Yes." I never thought he'd actually say that to me. It never crossed my mind. "You don't have to tell me if you do or don't. I just wanted to get that off my chest." A sense of relief washed over my face, knowing that he cared.