63 | Timeline

Since the heroes had all returned, majority had struggled to fit back into their day to day. For Peter, he had to continue his college studies without his peers; for they had all graduated in his absence. For Y/N, she struggled getting a new job since she had no tertiary education. Before they left, any company would jump at the chance to hire her, now they tossed her resume to the side within seconds.

"Hey Pepper? Do you think I can put down our family philanthropy down as extra-curricular?" Y/N called out from the lounge room, trying to plan her college application.

"Uh, maybe don't put down stuff that affiliates you with the family business right now... It might not sit well with the college board..." Pepper sighed, giving her daughter a glass of water and sitting next to her.

"Our family has built one of the greatest companies of all time and contributed to this countries in more ways that that fucking college could fathom. You do not shy away from using the Stark name okay?" Tony scowled, overhearing the women and pointing at his daughter with his screwdriver.

"Tony, can you please be just a little supportive of our daughter applying to colleges please? It's a difficult process," Pepper said glaring at him. He rolled his eyes and took a bite of his sandwich, which Pepper had made for him almost two hours ago as he worked.

"You don't need college, you're a Stark. College is for schmucks and kids who didn't get told they were good enough growing up," Tony said with his mouth full, tinkering with his latest project.

"Peter went to college," Y/N retaliated.

"He probably only went for a total of two months Y/N, I doubt you can say he 'went' to college," Tony scoffed, turning to the door as the doorbell rang.

Pepper hurried over to the door, peeking through the glass and Agent Coulson with his face almost too close to the peephole. Opening the door she was greeted by Coulson and another agent, introduced as 'Agent Mobius'.

He was a chipper man, quick with a joke and oh so talkative. They came in casually and asked how the three were settling back into everyday life; good. They asked how their job hunt was going; good. They told the three of them that this wouldn't be easy; we know. They introduced Agent Mobius as one of the Time Variation Authority's best agents; what is the Time Variation Authority?

Before the three could respond, they saw a bright light flash and then nothing. The two men came into their home and within two minutes, had sent the Starks back to the point where the Sacred Timeline of the universe had gone astray. Agent Mobius turned towards Agent Coulson and shook his hand, thanking him.

"I'm glad the TVA could be of assistance to S.H.I.E.L.D once again, I can assure you that these three are the last of the Avengers and their affiliates to be reset. Thankyou for helping us restore the Sacred Timeline," Agent Mobius said smiling.

"None of this should have happened, if Loki hadn't meddled with the timeline, we would have saved ourselves years of damage control. Natasha should not have died. The world should not had rid itself of heroes, and civilians most certainly should not be equipped with their own powers... Thankyou Mobius," Coulson nodded.

"Like always, your memories will remain, but I must send you back to the same point in the timeline Phil," Agent Mobius said smiling, holding a small tool in his head.

"And when is that exactly Agent?"

"2008, when Tony first became Iron Man."

____________

Alright ya'll, without further ado, this is the (actual) end of Web of Lies. It has been an absolute whirlwind of an adventure with each and every one of you. I wrote this bad boy in about three months, and it's my first ever time writing. This book has been the biggest learning curve for me, and I can't believe how much writing for you all has helped with my mental health in 2021.

Again, thankyou. From the bottom of my heart and with every inch of my soul - I love you 3000.

Other books by Me:

Pursuit of Satisfaction - Tom Holland
Take Aim and Fire - Peter Parker
Method to his Madness - Tom Holland
Method to her Madness - Tom Holland
Method to their Madness - Tom Holland
Status Quo - Peter Parker
Hush Money - Tom Holland
Solus - Tom Holland