59 | Changes

"I-I need to talk to you Peter," Y/N panted, resting her head on his arm as he laid on his back.

"Mm-mm, no talking. Too tired," he said breathlessly, opening his eyes and groaning.

"No it's important," she continued, grunting as she rolled over on her stomach to face him, leaning on her elbows. Her arms felt weak and already in pain, which made Peter smile to himself, knowing he had caused it.

"What could be more important than lying in silence after what could have been the best sex of my life," he chuckled, looking at her and grinning.

"That's a fucking lie because you and I both know the best time was in Washington after the Avengers guest spoke at the presidential dinner," she protested.

Peter laughed and nodded, remembering the wild events that had taken place on such an inappropriate mission. Technically to their defence, the mission was over and they were all celebrating anyway.

"What's so important huh?" He said raising an eyebrow, reaching over to his empty wine glass and sighing.

Y/N pulled him back and started to explain everything that Natasha had figured out, everything that Thor had told her and the fact that Natasha was deceased. She waited for his response, praying with every inch of her that he was sober enough to believe her.

"Well I guess that means we need to fight back huh?" He said bluntly, looking at her in a mix of anger, astonishment and forlorn from hearing about Natasha.

She couldn't help but smile as she sat up, holding both of his hands tightly. She had her usual Peter back, she felt like herself again and she had the Bucky secret off of her chest. Now all they had to do was take down Loki.

"But now it's time for us to sleep, Groot will hopefully have disabled everyone's shock devices tomorrow morning and released Thor... He said he'd handle the others and for us to wait for his lead..." she explained, lying back down with a huff; she was already sore.

"You didn't sleep with me just to sober me up did you?" Peter asked softly, worried that she was caught up on Bucky still.

"I would have slept with you regardless of knowing about this whole plan or not because I love you... Letting go of that whole Bucky regret just made me feel like I could be with you again and not feel so guilty..." she trailed.

"Shh, don't apologise again. Like I said, we've both fucked up once, and never again okay? We're even. Now you need to rest, I can guarantee tomorrow you'll be battered and bruised," Peter joked.

Thor woke the two up once again in the morning, this time seeing them clothed and sober. Behind him was Quill, Tony, Bucky and Steve; equally sober and equally clothed.

"I am Groot!" Groot said squealing from the ground, throwing his arms up in the air in excitement.

"We need to act fast, Thor has figured out a way to tarnish the main wine distribution so that the city will have no access to it. But we need to take down Loki before he stops us. Come on, let's go, wake up!" Steve said hurrying them out of bed.

Y/N whined as Steve pulled her out of bed, leaning against the wall as she realised how sore her legs actually were from the night before. Peter stretched as he yawned, putting on the one Earth outfit he had - the stolen hoodie and jeans from the apartment he and Loki resided in. The other were in the same, wearing casual attire.

As a group they walked through the palace to the quarters Loki stayed in, easily taking down the guards now that they weren't equipped with shock devices. Loki jumped when the doors swung open abruptly, two women in bed either side of his gasping and pulling the sheets over their naked bodies.