Chapter 2 - Accident

Start from the beginning

"I would never ever want to be popular. I could never be mean to someone....it's awful." I stand up.

"Well who is this pretty lady." A boy walks up. "Why don't you come sit with us." The boy points to his friends, I assumed he was a senior.

"I'm good." I nod.

"Excuse me?" He steps forward. "I'm giving you the chance of a lifetime."

"I don't care. I'm fine here with my friends." I nod.

"Come on...we won't bite." He grabs my arm roughly.

I quickly twist his arm, back flipping and slamming him to the ground with his arm locked between my legs. The guy screams as everyone rushes over.

"Let him go!" The teacher yells, trying to pull me away.
I drop the guy and stand up to see Ned and Peter smiling at me in amazement. "Let's go." The teacher slightly pushes me.

The principal luckily understood why I was upset that he grabbed me, especially when multiple people backed me up. But I still had to go home for the rest of the day.

My dad was in surgery so Christine came and picked me up, as soon as I got in the car she laughed. "You really did that?"

"He grabbed me." I shrug. "Was dad mad?"

"No...once he knew what happened...he laughed. You know how he gets about boys." She rolls her eyes.

I look down to see I got a text from Peter:

"You okay? Where did you learn to do that?"

I text him back: "I'm okay....I've taken self defense lessons since I was eight."

Christine ended up making me some lunch before she had to go back....I wished she was my mom, she's so kind.

When dad got home, he demanded I get ready....and wear this stupid dress....that was actually pretty.

I curled my hair and walked out to see dad staring out the window

"You look nice." I smile, it wasn't my first time seeing him in a tux.

"Woah...honey you look beautiful." Dad smiles. "I uh...got this for you. I actually picked it out myself this time." He hands me a small box.

I open it to see a beautiful diamond necklace, on the back was written, "With love -Dad."

"Dad

"Dad....it's beautiful." I smile as he takes it and puts it on me.

"I know I'm hard on you but...I do love you. You'll always be my little girl." He hugs me.

This was a rare thing to experience. "I love you too, dad." I smile.

Dad and I get into his car and speed off....a little too fast. I look down as he gets a phone call, "Sorry...work."  He answers. "Billy! What have you got for me?"

"I've got a 35-year-old Air Force colonel. Crushed his lower spine in some kind of experimental armor. Mid-thoracic vertebral fracture."

"Well, I could help, but so can 50 other people. Find me something worth my time." He says as he passes someone.

"I have a 68-year-old female with an advanced brain stem glioma."

"Yeah, you want me to screw up my perfect record? Definitely not." He says, I look up as it starts to rain.

"Dad slow down please." I whisper, holding onto the seat.

"How about a 22-year-old female with an electronic implant in her brain to control schizophrenia struck by lightning?"

"That does sound interesting." He starts to pass someone. "Could you send me the....."His phone screen lights up with the patient's documents. "Got it." He looks down.

"DAD WATCH OUT!" I yell and point to the car.
Suddenly we hit the front of the car, spinning and crashing off the mountain side. "DAD!"

It was almost like we were in slow motion as I hit my face against the dash, my right hand crushes into the dash next to my head.

I scream as my seat belt snaps off, causing me to hit the windshield, passing out as we land.