Seventeen | Violet

- 4 days until LSU kickoff     -

Tanner: Hey you, be ready by nine. I have a surprise for you 😉

            A surprise? I wonder what it is. Dios mío, I can't wait to find out!

Me: Okay 😃

            Now I needed to figure out what to wear for an occasion I hadn't a clue about. I decided to play it safe with some light, ripped jeans and an oversized sweater that dropped off one shoulder. I checked it in my bathroom mirror. My Amour Éternel necklace sparkled in the light. I never removed it. A reminder to myself to be the best version I could. For myself, for the people I cared about, and my Papi. I threw on my daily light makeup, just in case.

Around another thirty minutes before Tanner arrived, Selena kept bugging me out in the living room about where I was going.

            "It's out with William isn't it? Oh my god, you guys are saliendo now, aren't you?"

I chuckled. "No. William and I decided to remain friends. Tanner said he has a surprise for me and to get ready."

"Ohh. Now I really see."

I rolled my eyes and shook my head with a smile on my face. Selena skipped in glee to the kitchen. My bodyguard sat in wait on one of the chairs. I fiddled around until a knock at our door presented itself. My pulse raced like in a thriller movie. I could barely contain myself as I approached the door, counting down my steps.

            Three, two, one, I opened the door. Tanner wearing dark blue jeans, a white Alabama-trademarked shirt with grey Vans, and a baseball cap that appeared to be his highschool mascot logo on the front.

            "Hey, Vi," he said my nickname, special between him and I.

            "Hey, Mr. McGrey."

            His innocent smile revealed itself. "Ready to meet your surprise?"

            Meet? It's a person? Giddily, I replied, "Duh! Let's go!"

            "Have a good time! Keep it in the pants!" Selena yelled before closing the door after my guard followed us out.

            I shook my head. "She loves being a dolor en mi culo, I swear."

            Tanner laughed. "I'm not entirely sure what you said, but it sounded annoyed. But that's what siblings are for, no?"

            "Yeah, I'll say. Do you have siblings?"

            "I have an older brother. Brian."

            "Oh, nice! What does he do?"

            "He's a reliever for the Texas Rangers."

            "Damn. Strong arms run in the family. Huh?"

            He laughed. "Yeah, I guess they do."

Tanner said we were taking his Land Rover this time. My bodyguard rushed me into the passenger's seat to avoid the paparazzi and fans as they swarmed expectedly. You'd think they'd have better things to do with their time. Like stalking another celebrity somewhere else. Someone more important. The paps anyway. My guard hopped in the back while Tanner popped in the driver's. He pulled away fast.

Tanner handed me a black wrap out of his pocket. "I need you to cover your eyes with this."

            I grabbed it and observed. I raised an eyebrow. "What for?"