Six | Violet

-    13 days until LSU kickoff     -

I arrived back in the room. I entered only to find more stuff rearranged again than last night. They split the living room into our music room and bought a beautifully polished ebony Steinway & Sons piano to place over by the sliding doors, overlooking the practice field. Along with three Gibson acoustic and electric guitars. Two beige leather couches faced the 55" plasma TV.

The kitchen gave a simplistic-earthy vibe with small rustic buckets full of herbs, vine plants, and gold decor pieces on the sandy walls. Wooden dishware was stored away in the cabinets along with copper pots, pans and steamers. The silverware reminded me of tree bark in one drawer. I didn't see everything perfectly in place until now.    

Dallas's room was fashioned as Old Hollywood. It was so heavenly decorated I envied it. Selena's walls in her room were recently splattered with pacific blue, lime green, lemon yellow, and crimson red paint, adding words as well. Quotes of inspiration in script-handwriting covered the once white ceiling. They bought Victorian-themed furniture for my room, since they knew me well after all. I loved it, but I wasn't up for showing it.

I was shown the Alabama Crimson Tide kitchen appliances, serving tray, 4-piece pilsner glasses, seven cute Alabama cups, and four Alabama coasters for the balcony high top table, including a crimson 3-burner 46,000 BTU gas grill.

Selena fetched bottles of water for her and Dallas. Dallas stood on the balcony watching the sweaty men train on their practice field. I told them about the dance studio I found for them, which is why they copied my workout look, and tied their hair up. Jack called the dance studio within the hour of talking to Dallas this morning and was able to slot us two hours of privacy use. I noticed Dallas grab the mini karaoke machine once she came back in, so they could practice dancing and singing our songs. I was not partaking in it. This girl was fed up with the world of entertainment and the awful people in it. The bodyguards walked in from across the hall from their condo and waited by the door in their workout clothes, waiting for us to lead them out. This has to be some sort of vacation for them, right?

"So, how was Buffalo Wild Wings last night?" Dallas asked with a stoic expression.

I froze. "What?"

"We know," Selena said, scrolling through her phone and pulling up a picture someone had taken of Tanner and I at the restaurant and posted it for all the world to see exactly where we were.

Carajo. "Great."

"We have photos of us out shopping too. So it's not like if you hadn't gone out our cover wouldn't have been blown anyway. But Jack called this morning and was very much not happy to see you with some random guy and not your bodyguard. And you lied to us. So, you can't go anywhere without a bodyguard. Punto. Is what Jack said," Dallas said.

"You told him I didn't have a bodyguard with me, didn't you," I said. I didn't have to question, I knew. Really it was a statement made into a rhetorical question. "And Jack didn't say punto. He doesn't know a lick of Spanish."

"We were worried," Selena said sincerely.

"It's not like I was alone." Though I really wish I had been.

"Ah, sí. Who es this mystery tipo in the picture? You can't really even see his face that well," Dallas asked.

"No one. Just some guy who almost hit me in the face with a ball and wanted to pay for my food as a way of apologizing. Can we go now?" I asked, motioning toward the door.

"This conversation is not over, you know." Dallas said as we all met out the front door.

Down the stairs, out the front doors, and onto the sidewalk, two bodyguards walked behind us and one in front as the usual tactics of protection.