Chapter 21

Dear diary,
Two weeks have passed since the night that Heather cried in front of me. We've been hanging out with Heather and Heather after school almost every day. And every time, MY Heather gets drunk, high, or a mix of both. And she's the only one who can drive. Well...I CAN drive but because my parents are overprotective, I didn't get my permit until the beginning of my senior year...Heather is just the only one with her license. Which is sad because she's always the one who drives. She's not bad at it though. Even when she's intoxicated. She always gets me home on time and because of that, she's gained my mom and dads trust. In the process, her mom has laid off a bit about her driving all the time too. I'm just worried about her. The only time she seems ok is when she's drinking or high. Like right now. She's inside of a corner store in the downtown Sherwood area trying to steal a handle of alcohol. Probably Tito's and some water. We had to leave Heather with Mac because Mac decided to get super drunk and was throwing up. So we're trying to get her water. Heather is coming back to the car.

A few minutes pass.

It's about 10:00 at night As were pulling into the parking lot where we left Mac and Duke. As Heather is turning, a car behind us crosses the double lines and hits us. Not too hard. But hard enough to slam my wrist into the door.

"They just fucking hit my car!" She screams and starts to get out and get their plates. The second the driver sees her exit the car, he puts his car in reverse and speeds away. Great. A hit and run. Heather starts to look for change in her car. She finds 50 cents and goes to the phone that is across the street from the parking lot. I'm assuming she's going to call her mom.

She calls her mom and her mom drives over to us. She immediately calls the insurance company. I call my mom at the same pay phone Heather used.

"Are you okay? Is Heather okay? Was there anybody else in the car? Did you get the plates?" She asks frantically.

I'm fine, mom. We're both fine. We didn't get the plates. I think you need to come pick me up. The car can't be driven. I explain and answer all of her questions.

"You have to stay until everything is handled. For legal reasons. They might need a statement from you since you were in the car." She replies.

We finish up our conversation and I go back over to Heather who's sitting on the curb. Her mother is pacing around the car talking on the huge cellphone that somehow fits in her purse.

It's going to be okay. I say to Heather.

"No. No. I have stuff in my car. There's like an entire eighth of bud in there. And the handle I just stole. I'm fucked." She says softly.

I didn't know she had bud in the car. But I DID know about the handle. So I managed to slip it into my bag before her mom got here.

Put your hand on my bag. I instruct the girl sitting next to me. She reaches over and her eyes fill with some relief. She hugs me.

"Thank you." She whispers in my ear.

Yeah! of course. I give her a small squeeze before letting go.

"Heather. Get over here. We have to talk." Her mother says sternly.

Heather Chandlers POV.
My mom calls me over and looks directly into my eyes.

"Heather, I need to know if I'm gonna call the police or not. I need you to be honest. Have you been drinking or high while driving?" She asks.

What? I ask.

"Have you been OR ARE YOU intoxicated?" She asks again. This time with more aggression.

Why would I do that? I reply angrily.

"Heather, I need to know so that I can decide whether or not I'm going to call the police."

I mean I smoked a joint like 2 hours ago. But I'm fine.

"That's all I needed. Now I know I can't call the police." She sighs. I go over to Veronica as my mom checks out my car.

I have to take you guys home. My mom is going to drive my car back to my house and then I'll have to drive it to the shop. I explain as I lead Veronica to my mothers van. We drive around to get Mac and Duke.

I drop them off first and then go to drop off Veronica. When I get to Veronica's house, my pager starts blowing up.

Can I use your phone? I ask softly.

"Yeah."

I go inside and call my mother back.

"Heather, where are you. You need to come home NOW. I thought you said you were dropping them off. It's been too long. I told you to come home. I don't want you driving while intoxicated. Get home. We'll talk to you then."

We? I ask.

"Your father and I." She says before I can even speak. She hangs up. I just stand there for a moment and look at Mrs. Sawyer.

"Everything okay?" Veronica's mother asks. Veronica is standing next to her. I then look at Veronica.

Dude, I'm. So. Fucking. Dead. I have to go. Im sorry. I'll see you at school. I say before walking out.

"Do you need a ride?" Veronica asks.

Yes.

Time passes.
I get home and my father immediately starts screaming at me.

"Give me your fuckin' keys. You're done." He takes my bag from me and starts going through it. Cigarettes, weed, lighters, knives and a bag of something else. That something else was Coke. But he didn't realize it was inside of a different box.

"Michael, just breathe first. It's not her fault it happened." My mother says softly.

"No. She's done. She NEEDS to be punished. And clearly taking things doesn't work. So now, she's gonna get hit." He shouts at my mother.

"Michael, she could die from the amount she's been doing alone. Do you even care about your daughter? I mean, you've been gone for most of her childhood. But don't you care?" My mother tries to reason with him.

"I never cared about either of you. She could die right now and I could still sleep like a baby." He gets up in her face.

I just walk away. I go upstairs and go to my room. Locking the door behind me, I enter and curl up in a ball on the bed. I'm taken over by the fact that I could die right now and nobody would TRULY care. I don't sleep the entire night. I just lie there awake and thinking to myself,
Why are they so mean?
Why do I feel sad all the time?
Why can't I just make them happy?

A/n: this whole topic is based off of events in my life. While I won't specify if I was Heather Chandler in this case or if I was Veronica, I will say that I've learned that my life really isn't all that boring💀💀🦐🦐

Have some shrimpys
🦐🦐🦐🦐🦐🦐🦐🦐🦐🦐🦐🦐🦐🦐🦐🦐🦐🦐🦐🦐🦐🦐🦐🦐🦐🦐🦐🦐🦐🦐🦐🦐🦐🦐