Chapter 15

⚠️TW: abuse⚠️
⚠️TW: homophobic slurs⚠️
For context: A month after the incident with Veronica and Heather.

Heather Duke's POV
I'm woken up by my phone ringing. I quickly run down the stairs and pick up.

Hello?

"Heather...come over. I don't want to be alone." A frail, broken sounding voice responds.

Heather? It's 2:00 in the morning. Why?

"Just do it. Please. I can't take being alone right now." She sounds really shaky. Why is she calling me? She hates me.

Why are you calling me? I though You hated me. I ask.

"Just please. I'm sorry. I don't hate you. I'm sorry. Please don't let me be alone."

Holy shit are you crying?

"No. But I really don't want to be alone right now. Just come through the window. I can't eat. I can't sleep. I can't think. I can't figure out what to do. I'm sorry for being such a bitch to you." She sounds so sincere. Innocent. Almost as if someone gave Heather Chandler a heart. Only to break that same heart. I can't help it...I climb out of my window and drive over to Heathers house.

Heather Chandlers POV
I let Heather come in through the window but I don't move from my bed.

"What the hell is going on? Your hair looks awful, you aren't wearing a hot outfit, your makeup looks terrible, YOU look horrible." She comes up to me. Tears fill my eyes but I quickly think of something else to avoid crying. She looks at me and just tilts her head. 

"Oh my god. Come here" she pulls me into her arms. I let my head rest on her shoulder. Her head rests on mine. She lets out a soft laugh.

What? I ask softly.

"She really has changed you hasn't she." She chuckles.

Shut up. I tease.

"It's not a bad thing." She rubs my back.

I know.

"You really love her. Don't you." She asks.

Yes. But I'm terrible. She doesn't want anything to do with me. I get why too. I'm a bad person. I'm not that smart. Not nearly as smart as she is. I remind her of JD. I explain.

"No. No babes. No. You are NOT like JD. You are smart in your own ways. You are a great leader." She hugs me tighter.

Then why doesn't she love me? I ask. Jesus I sound like a freshman girl being upset over a stupid guy.

"Heather, you-you are incredibly talented. You are smart. What's not to love about you. You need to start having self confidence again. We miss you heather. You're not truly you. You and Veronica can make westerburg beautiful. Together or not...you ARE beautiful" she gives a caring lecture.

I chuckle softly.
You really think so?

"Yes."

We pull apart and allow our foreheads to rest against each others. I get caught up in my feelings. I haven't slept in days. My brain isn't capable of making good decisions. Our faces get closer and before either of us could comprehend what could happen, our lips meet.

"You've been drinking. Shit. Shit. Heather...I'm so sorry. I am SO-"

Don't be. You didn't do anything wrong-

"Good." She cuts me off before kissing me again. She pulls me back into the bed on top of her.

A few hours pass.
I wake up next to heather duke.