Chapter 12

Heathers POV
I dragged Veronica through the woods behind my house. Only half a mile. Not far at all.

"How much longer? My legs hurt!" She asks.

Why? Youre that out of shape? I giggle.

"Have you met me? I NEVER exercise for fun. That's all you."  She sighs.

Look up dummy. I point.

"Youre fucking kidding!" She shouts.

Nope. Haven't touched it since I was 8...but figured we could clean it up a bit. I smile.

"It's fucking huge!" She shouts excitedly.

Didnt you say you wanted a bigger one? I ask.

"Of course yours is huge" Veronica chuckles.

Woah now. Context, love. I giggle under my breath.

"You're so childish!" She sighs and playfully shoved  me into the ground. I pull her down with me.

You can go ahead...I hated that thing when I was little and I hate it now. I hate heights and I hate climbing. I hate a lot of things come to think of it. I'm kind of lame aren't I? NO WAIT! I'm Heather. Heather fucking Chandler. I'm the hottest and coolest bitch at our school.

"You hate climbing until you decide at 3 in the morning on a Monday morning that you wanna sneak in" she pulls me to the ladder.

Nope.

"Please"

Nope.

"Come in!!!"

No way! I chuckle

"Please" the girl looks at me, now at the top of the tree.

Fine. But only because I want to. Not because you begged me. I sigh and climb up. I hate heights.

I get up there and it shakes.

No way. Uh uh. Not happening. I turn to leave but Veronica pulls me back and kisses me. Normally I have to engage in that first. But this time, she kissed me.

And what was that for? I smirk.

"Partially anger because you didn't tell me you grew up witha treehouse....partially because I love you." The small girl dressed in all of my clothes smiles before kissing me again. I try to take my shirt off of her. She pulls away.

"Your mom, babe."

Right. Sorry. I chuckle.

"Heather this thing has 2 different rooms. Who built this for you?" She asks.

None other than michael...aka my dickhead of a father. I explain.

"We should go back....we're pretty far and there are some big ass houses back here. Might call the cops." Veronica says nervously.

Probably because of what me and Heather used to do when we were younger. I laugh.

"What did you do?" She asks curiously.

Cmon I'll show you! I smirk and pull her hand down the ladder.

I drag her deeper into the trails where there are now houses able to be seen between the trees.

Get ready to run okay? I ask.

"Um okay?" She replies.

I turn around and take a deep breath.