Chapter 13

Veronica's POV
I wake up and I'm upside down. In the car? I look over and realize that the car was flipped I must have hit something.

I look over to the passenger side and notice Heathers freaking out.

"CAN YOU HEAR ME?"

YES. SORRY. ARE YOU OKAY? ARE YOU HURT? I ask frantically trying to get out of the car.

"I'm fine. I'm just glad you're okay." She replies.

Do you think you could get out? I ask.

"The door won't open from the inside. Can you help me" she groans. I manage to slide out of my window and go over to the door and pry it open.

She tries to slide out but stops.

W-what's wrong? I ask.

"Nothing! I'm fine. We should keep going through the forest. Finish hat was started." She slides out.

After about an hour of walking through the forest it gets darker. There's a crack.

D-did you hear that? I ask nervously.

"Yeah. Just stay close." Heather nods.

We walk a few miles and heather drops.

Baby what's wrong? What happened? What's going on? Are you okay? I ask dropping to her side. She's in some serious pain.

Heather Chandlers POV
I didn't tell Veronica, but I think my leg is broken or something. As were walking the pain takes over my entire body. I drop to the ground.

"Baby what's wrong? What happened? What's going on? Are you okay?" Veronica drops to my side.

My leg. My leg. It hurts so bad. I start hyperventilating by this point as she rolled my jeans up to reveal a huge slash in my calf.

Fucking christ. This is so bad. I shout in agony.

"Baby I'm so sorry. This is all my fault." Veronica wraps her arms around me.

"Well well well. Look who finally showed up" a deep voice calls.

Why are we here? I ask bluntly.

"I'm going to kill both of you. But I'm going to make you WATCH her die, slowly" he stops and slowly pushes his knife against the hole already in my leg.

"And very painfully." He digs the blade into my leg. I nearly scream in agony.

Veronica has had enough of this.

"STOP IT. GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM HER!" She tackles him to the ground.

She hits him several times. Then he does something I never thought he would be able to do...I watch as he takes the back of her head, leans it back, and nails her right in the face.

Veronica! I shout as I force myself to my feet. I would never WANT to murder anybody...but in this moment, I'm willing to do whatever it takes to stop him once and for all. This is not okay. I have let him walk this earth threatening her for far too long. He picks her up and backs her into the tree. He then pulls out a SECOND knife and puts the tip right between her eyes at the top of her nose. She starts crying and freaking out. That's when I watch JD grab MY GIRLFRIENDS tits. Which pissed me off to the fucking max.

"You love me and only me. You understand? SAY YOU UNDERSTAND." He shouts. She then falls to the ground unconscious. Just from his body language, I knew what he was planning on doing...My next and only instinct is to do what was necessary....gathering all the courage required, I pull out my switchblade and charge. I reach him, sending the knife straight into the side of his neck. I was careful not to hit any major artery. I want him to fucking suffer. Blood splashes out and onto both me and Veronica. He falls to the ground.