Chapter 17

Heather Chandler POV
Dude, I met your brother. I say excitedly.

"Oh nice. Did he flirt with you?" She asks. Poor thing sounds terrible.

No. Baby, are you feeling okay? I say as I sit down on her side handing her the water.

Sit up so you don't choke. I advise her and help her sit up.

"Thank you." She groans.

Do you have a thermometer? We should check your temperature. I say worriedly.

"Bathroom down the hall."

I walk down the hall and knock on the door.

"Come in" a muffled voice calls. I open the door and her brother is standing there brushing his teeth. I open a drawer and start rummaging around.

"Dude the fuck are you doing?" He asks.

Where's your thermometer? I ask bluntly. He's starting to piss me off.

"Here." He opens the cabinet and hands it to me.

Thanks.

I go back to Veronica who has fallen back asleep. I hate to wake her up but she looks really unwell so I have to.

Veronica? You gotta wake up so you can do this. I say softly and run my hands through her hair. Her head is warm.

"Okay." She sighs. I put the thermometer in her mouth and wait a few seconds before checking it.

99.9...I think you're getting sick, hun. I say softly as I continue to run my hands through her hair.

"I think we left the window open." She says.

We did. That's probably what's happening. I sigh. I feel bad for her. I rarely get sick.

Is there anything you want to eat?

She shakes her head. "I'm just tired"

I can let you rest some more... but i don't want you to over rest yourself. That can make it worse. Okay? I frown.

"Mmm" she groans.

I lay back down beside her and start to softly hum the tune of my favorite song.

"Can you sing it for me?" She asks. I do. She falls asleep.

A few hours later, she's still asleep so I decide to ask her if she's hungry. Before I do so, I go downstairs to make sure there's stuff to make. Sadly, there's nothing. So I go back up to her room.

I sit on the edge of the bed next to her.

Hey princess? It's time to get up.

"Mmm what time is it" she asks.

It's about 5:30. I say as I run my hands through her hair.

"Ok."

No. Not okay babes. You gotta wake up and eat something. I don't think anybody is at my house...I can make you some soup. Or your favorite. I say softly.

"Okay." She sighs. I turn back to see her brother in the doorway.

"I can give you guys a ride."

Thank you. That's kind. I say with a smile.

"C-can you carry me?" She asks.

"Sure" her brother comes over and picks her up.

"I m-meant heather" she chuckles.

"Oh Um...ok?" He hands her off to me and grabs his keys.

I sit down in the back with Veronica. She immediately falls asleep. I direct her brother where to go and when we get to my house, he helps me get her inside.

If you wanna stay you can. I say.

"Sounds nice. I like this heather girl, Veronica. Keep THIS friend around."

"Benny, stop flirting with heather, Heather stop flirting back with my brother" she teases.

Awe you're no fun. I say as I sit her down on the couch.

Feel free to turn on the tv. We have cable. I yell back to the living room from the kitchen.

Her brother walks into the kitchen.

"What's your deal. Why you hanging around my sister." He asks.

What are you talking about? Why are you coming for me right now? I get defensive.

"I don't know." He shrugs. "I thought maybe you two were dating." He says.

Well we're not. Or maybe. I don't know. We got into an argument. This is the first time I've seen her in months. I snarl.

"Well don't hurt her. That's all I ask." Ben replies.

I nod and start making Veronica some food. When it's ready I go into the living room and hand her the bowl of pasta.

"Thank you."

A few hours pass.
I decided it would be best to have Ben and Veronica stay here. It was late.

Veronica is next to me on the couch and ben is upstairs in the guest bedroom.

You up, Veronica?

"Yeah?"

How are you feeling?

"Better since you gave me the meds"

I l-love you. You know that right? I ask.

"I love you too." She smiles. I can barely see since it's dark. But she's definitely smiling. I grab both of her hands and she nearly falls back so I pull her up playfully. I accidentally pull her into my lap and we rest our foreheads against one another.

Veronica's POV.
I'm sitting on Heather's lap. We're giggling quietly being careful not to wake my brother up. We calm down and look at each other.

"C-can I kiss you?" She asks softly.

Heather, I don't want you to g-

"To get sick. I know. But I don't care." She replies giving me eyes that I can't resist. I lean in and kiss her. When she pulls away I kiss her again. And again. My hands get tangled into her hair and I bite at her bottom lip. She opens her mouth granting my tongue access.  Letting out a sigh, she squirms a little before reaching for my sweatpants.

Cant it be your turn? Let me make you feel good, baby. I plead.

"Next time. But let me make you feel better." She replies.

She gently slides her hand down to my thighs. My breathing has increased rapidly.

Heather...

"Just tell me what you want." She whispers.

Heather there's somebody standing outside. I warn.

"What?" She gets up. She sees the figure and pulls out her knife.

Stay here. I'll be right back. I get up and go right to the door.

"You're sick! Sit down!" But I didn't listen. Instead, I pull out my own small bladed knife and go outside only to have everything go dark.

A/N:

Things are going bad. Very very bad. Guess y'all gotta wait a little while to find out why😵‍💫😵‍💫😂😂 I love y'all so much and couldnt do this without you guys!

Ive also been so sick lately thag I've been sleeping. Non. Fucking. Stop. So I apologize sincerely!