Chapter 9

⚠️TW: HOMOPHOBIC SLURS AND DEROGATORY INSULTS⚠️
Heather Chandlers POV
I wake up with a pounding headache. I have to get up anyways. I have school. Senior year. One more year and then I can blow this hell hole.

I get dressed, get in my car, and drive to school. I then meet the others in the bathroom. Duke doing the usual, getting rid of whatever she had eaten, Mac doing her make up, me walking in late, and just like old times, Veronica was writing a pass to show were allowed to be out after the bell. We hear the faint sound of heels clicking and we all go silent. We look eachother in the eyes. Pauline Fleming, the school hippie walks in.

"Good morning, Heather, heather" she pauses and like clockwork, Duke blows our cover.

"Aaaaand heather. Veronica I'm sure you've got a pass. You're the responsible one here." She sighs.

"Right here, Mrs Fleming." She hands her the pass.

"You know, this note looks odd. It's not the usual" Fleming cocks her head.

"Yeah well, wearing cheap ass perfume, clothes that make you look like the 60s threw up on you, and wearing bright green pumps looks odd but here we are" Veronica snarls.

"SORRY. HAD A NIGHT LAST NIGHT. HUNGOVER— UHH LOTS OF STUDYING NOT ENOUGH SLEEP" She quickly covers up.

I look at her. It's hot when she has her moments. I didn't realize that I was biting my lip until the hippie nudged me. Her eyes shoot over to Veronica and she raises her eyebrow to question. I try to hide the fact that I'm blushing.

"Heather and heather, can I speak to you in my office?" She asks.

"Which ones?" All three of us ask.

"M and D" she clarifies.

"Uh ohhhh" Veronica teases.

As the three walk out, Fleming winks at me. The cheeky bitch. She knew exactly what she was doing. Leaving me and Veronica alone. It's quiet for a moment. Not much time before she comes back in. Have to make my move now. I take a step closer to her.

"Was that bitchy—"

That was really hot, not going to lie...I speak at the same time. She blushes before speaking again at the same time.

"you're hot"
I think you're hot. With less than a second between words, I push her back into the wall. Our lips connect. Then, we hear the heels come back through the door. Before she turns the corner she stops and speaks again.

"Separate yourselves...before I turn the corner." She warns.

We pull away and I quickly move to the mirror to act like I was just doing my makeup.

"Yeah I'm not buying it. They may not see it but I do. Love was free in the 60s and it still didn't work out for me. But it's DEFINITELY working out for you" she talks until I cut her off.

Don't you have a job? You teach do you not? Can't you be busy? The smell of your cheap ass perfume is making me nauseous. I say sarcastically.

"My job is to make students feel safe. Included." She gives me a shitty smile. Which I return with a "yeah okay. Sure bitch." Smile.

Great. So leave. Then I'll feel safe. I say sarcastically once again.

"Cant do that. My job is to also make sure students are being educated." She sighs. She doesn't want to be here. Why is she? She can easily leave us alone.

"While you finish your makeup, what's something you've always wanted?" She asks.

You to leaaave. I say happily.