Chapter 2: UA Entrance Exam

Start from the beginning

"But you didn't even speak to her."

---

Students of various junior highschools gathered in a large room for orientation. A tall, slim man with long blond hair, which he wears spiked upwards in a huge tuft behind his head, the voice hero: Present Mic, walks onto the stage.

"For all you examinee listeners tuning in, welcome to my show today! Everybody say "hey"!"

Silence

"What a refined response. Then I'll quickly present to you the rundown on the practical exam! Are you ready? Yeah!" Present Mic shouted as he was once again met by silence.

"It's the Voice hero, Present Mic! Wow...!" Midoriya mumbles, Y/n just stared at his broccoli friend continue to mumbles until Bakugou told him to shut up.

"As it says in the application requirements, you listeners will be conducting ten minute mock urban battles after this! You can bring whatever you want with you. After the presentation, you'll head to the specified battle center, okay?" Present Mic explained, the students checked out their exam ticket while Present Mic shouts 'Okay!'.

"In other words, they won't let you work with your friends, huh?" Bakugou stated.

"Y-You're right. Even though our examinee numbers are consecutive, we're assigned to different battle centers." Midoriya says, turning to Y/n, "What is your battle center, Y/n?"

"Battle center E." Y/n replied then Present Mic continues.

"Three different types of faux villains are stationed in each battle center. You earn points for each of them based on their level of difficulty. Your goal, dear listeners, is to use your Quirks to earn points by immobilizing the faux villains. Of course, attacking other examinees and any other unheroic actions are prohibited!" Present Mic finished. Suddenly, someone, a stands up and announced his complaints about how there three enemies instead of four like in the printout.

"If that is a misprint, then U.A., the most prominent school in Japan, should be ashamed of that foolish mistake. We examinees are here in this place because we wish to be molded into exemplary heroes." He then turns to Midoriya. "In addition, you over there with the curly hair, you've been muttering this whole time. It's distracting." He scolds, Midoriya covered his mouth and apologized before the dark blue haired boy sits down.

"The fourth type of villain is worth zero points. That guy's an obstacle, so to speak. There's one in every battle center. An obstacle that will go crazy in narrow spaces. It's not impossible to defeat, but there's no reason to defeat it either." Y/n thought carefully about what Present Mic said. "I recommend that you listeners try to avoid it."

After the voice hero's explanation, he recites a quote "A true hero is someone who overcomes life's misfortunes." by Napoleon Bonaparte before dismissing the students.

"Izuku, do your best in the practical exam." Y/n said.

"Yes. You too as well, Y/n"

"Also, don't forget what you did last 10 months, fighting villains isn't the heroes only job." Y/n advised before leaving his broccoli friend confused.

After that, the examinees were taken to their respective battle center areas, Y/n stood far away from the others while waiting for the practical exam to start. Y/n wears a white tracksuit, with his nichirin blade on his side.

"That guy, isn't he with the one who was about to trip in front of the school gates?"

"They had the same uniform before so they must have know each other."

"Bet he's the same as the green haired boy who winced after being called out."

"We have two less rival to worry about."