"Ella—"  

"No." I interrupted, finding my voice once again.  

His eyes pierced my gaze, drawing my eyes up from my feet, all the way up to his.  

"This..." He began, but then stopped, as if to find just the right words.  

"I want this. Us. You."  

I began shaking my head, "No, no, no."

He couldn't be! He could not be trying to lure me back in after what he did! Had it been a month, maybe, but two fucking years! And he'd had a girlfriend, named Kate, I believe! 

"Ella, I want you." He said.  

The tears began to fill my eyes.   

"Why?" I hissed, "Why did you leave me, then?"  

"I thought it was for the better,"  

"How could that ever be better?!" I snapped, and tried to yank myself away, but his touch kept me locked in the invisible barrier that seemed to surround us.  

"It was a mistake, princess."  

I sucked in a sharp breath.   

There it was; that nickname.  

"It took me forever to find a girlfriend, and when I did, she was fake. Her name was Ka—"

"Kate Ryders." I said quietly.  

Niall looked sheepish, and nodded.  

"Yeah, I payed attention." I told him when he didn't reply, "How could I not? I stopped watching Mullingar local news because you showed up all the time!"  

Niall blushed, and nodded again solemnly.  

"I broke up with her, because I realized, the only person I wanted, the only person I would ever want, is you."   

That's when his eyes pierced me again. I had to admit, they were the most beautiful blue I had ever seen. And as much as I loved them, I hated how much they affected me.  

Then, his hand, ever so slowly, reached towards mine, inch by inch, making sure I didn't pull away. When he gripped my fingers, a sudden warmth spread through me.   

He must have noticed the almost imperceptible smile that had settled on my lips, because he smiled a little, too.  

And all of a sudden, his lips were on mine, and I wasn't fighting back. I was doing quite the opposite, actually.  

This feels so right. The thought rushed through my head before I could even comprehend what I was thinking.   

Then I laughed. Niall gently pulled away. I didn't know why I was laughing. I just was.  

And it felt good to laugh again, with Niall at my side.   

He started laughing, too, and soon we were both clutching our sides, giggling for no apparent reason.         

-----        

Now  

January 2nd, 2013  

JENNA'S POV    

I stepped out of the steamy bathroom, ready to relax after a busy day at the hospital.   As I yanked on my cow-printed pajama shorts, I realized my computer was beeping. I shrugged on a hoodie and ran to it, hoping it was an IM from Ella.  

And it was!  

1 hour ago  

CinderElla: Jjjjjeeeeeeennnnnnnnnnnnnnaaaaaaaa  

30 minutes ago  

CinderElla: JEN.  

20 minutes ago  

CinderElla: GET ON, YA PUSSY, I KNOW YOUR WORK HOURS. YOUR SHIFT IS OVER.  

1 minute ago  

CinderElla: Jen I'm getting pissed this is important  

20 seconds ago  

CinderElla: GET ON, YA FLYING CRAZY CUNT!  

JenJen: Relax, babe, I'm here!  

CinderElla: WELL IT'S ABOUT TIME!  

JenJen: You know... I think you really love typing in all caps  

CinderElla: YES I DO  

JenJen: Typical Ella.... So what's important?  

CinderElla: A lot's happened in the past 2 days, I'll tell you all the details when you get here.  

JenJen:.... When I get there?  

CinderElla: Check your email!   

I raised my eyebrows, but opened up my email, and opened up the most recent one from Ella, titled 'Surprise :D'  

I clicked on the attachment within it, and my jaw dropped.  

The attachment was a single, first class airplane ticket to London, England for the date of January 5th.  

I was grinning when I got back onto my IM.  

JenJen: You're a sneaky little cunt.  

CinderElla: I know, dear peasant

I went back to the email, rolling my eyes, and something towards the bottom caught my eye.  

It was signed:  

Lots of love,  

Ella and Niall

------