Chapter 15

Demi's POV

"Ugh," I groaned as I shut my phone alarm off.

"You okay?" Joe asked me.

I sighed and nodded.

"Yes, I'm just irritated," I said.

"Why?" He asked in a concerned voice.

"I don't even know," I said as I jumped out of our bed.

I began to grab my clothes for work and prepared to go get ready when suddenly a phone began to ring.

"I think this is you," Joe said handing me my phone. "Somebody named Taylor?" He inquired.

"Oh, yeah. She's one of my friends from high school," I said before I answered the FaceTime call.

"Hey gorgeous, long time no see," Taylor said with a smile.

"Hey," I replied back. "What's up?" I asked her.

"Well, I wanted to show you this dope ass view," Taylor said flipping her camera to show her view of the ocean. "Isn't this beautiful?" She asked.

"Yes!" I said. "Ugh, you have no idea what I would do to be there right now Tay," I said in a disappointed voice.

"Come down D. I'll send you money and everything!" Taylor offered.

I bit my lip.

"I wish I could but I'm currently, you know, carrying a child," I said putting the camera on my baby bump.

"So what? You aren't THAT far along. This could be your graduation trip," She begged.

I chuckled and rolled my eyes playfully.

"I don't know," I said in an unsure voice.

"Come on! I expected Selena to be the lame one out of you two," She said.

I scoffed.

"Ugh! You're not helping!" I told her.

"Where's she at?" Joe asked.

"LA," I replied.

"Hey Babydaddy," Taylor said to Joe. "Bring Demi down here, please," she begged.

Joe chuckled as he got into the camera frame with me and kissed my cheek.

"Hi stranger," he replied. "I'm all down. Demi's the one who makes the decisions around here," he said.

I bit my lip and looked up at him with a weird look.

"Wait, so do you want to go?" I asked him.

Joe struggled and nodded.

"I've got this entire week off. That's your decision," he said to me.