Chapter 19

Demi's POV

The day we broke up was the day I stopped believing in love. If I was being completely honest, I was hurt. How cruel could he be? He waltzed into my life to give me a love that I'd never had before just to rip it away from me as quickly as it started. The crime was heinous if you ask me.

-

I walked up to Selena's house and knocked on the door. It had been three weeks since Joe and I had broken up. This was the first time I had even left my bedroom besides to go to work, eat, and shower. 

Minutes later Selena opened the door with a surprised look on her face that immediately looked like worry.

"Demi!" She said pulling me into a hug. "Where have you been?" She asked me.

I bit my lip as I began to cry. I was having a hard time holding anything back nowadays.

"Joe and I broke up," I told her. "This is the first time I've needed to talk about it," I said to her looking down. 

"Come in," She said. "We can talk in my room," she told me.

I sighed and looked at the time.

"That's the thing," I said. "I came over because I have a doctor's appointment in a half an hour. We were supposed to find out what we're having and I don't think I can go alone," I said sadly.

A small part of me hoped and prayed Joe would show up. I knew him and I hadn't spoken in weeks but this was an important day for the both of us. I knew at this end of this we would both be having a child together. I just want to know that he at least still cared about that.

"Of course," Selena replied.

With that being said if Joe didn't show up I knew it would crush me. I knew it would be easier if I went with someone who would help me if I had a breakdown. 

-

I walked into the doctors office scanner the parking lot for Joe's car. I didn't see him anywhere. I fought the urge to text him but ultimately I decided to.

[messages]

Where are u? did u forget what today was? - D

"Demi, we're ready for you," The nurse called.

I took a deep breath as I looked up and looked at Selena. I was ready for this. 

-

"Okay Demi, you know this is going to be cold," The tech said as she put the gel on my stomach.

I was still sad that Joe didn't show up but I felt relief as I watched my baby moving around on the screen.