Chapter 13

Demi's POV

"Mom?" I asked. "Dad?" I questioned as I knocked on their bedroom door lightly. 

"What's up sweetie?" My mom asked patting a seat for me to sit down.

I took a huge gulp as I slowly walked into their bedroom. 

I was terrified to tell my parents what was going on. The only thing that stopped me from keeping it a secret for as long as possible was the fact that I was scared about what I had seen at Joe's house. I had kept so much from them in the past few months and I didn't know how to handle any of this. I really needed their guidance because I was out of answers.

"I really need to talk to you guys," I said nervously.

"What's going on kiddo?" My dad asked. 

I sighed and took a deep breath as tears fell from my eyes.

"I know you guys are going to be mad at me but I don't know what to do," I said as I tried to find the words to say.

"Demi, nothing you do could make us mad enough to not love you. Talk to us," My mom said putting her bible down and turning her full attention to me. 

"I'm pregnant," I muttered through my tears.

Once I'd gotten that out my silent tears turned into sobbing as I began to get more worked up.

I looked at my parents afraid of their reaction. My mother began to cry as she wrapped her arms around me and held me. Soon my dad joined and he began to stroke my hair. 

"Okay Demi," my mom said after we all pulled away. "You've got to be honest with us," she said. "Explain this all to us," she said as she wiped her eyes.

I wiped my eyes as well and licked my lips as I prepared to tell them everything. The hardest part was only beginning.

"Who's the father?" My dad asked. 

I gulped.

"I'm gonna kill him," he said as he began to pace the room.

I shook my head. 

"No, dad. I-" 

"Eddie, calm down. That's not going to help the situation for anyone," She said coming to my defense.

He sighed and took a deep breath in frustration as he ran his fingers through his hair. I couldn't even begin to imagine how disappointed he was in me.

"H-his name is Joe," I said. "I've been seeing him for a while," I admitted.

"Why didn't you tell us Demi?" My mom asked.

I looked down.

"Who's kid is he? Is he from church? Does he play football?" My dad asked.

I licked my lips as I shook my head.