Chapter 37

Demi's POV

"Demi, PLEASE come!" Selena begged.

I rolled my eyes.

"Ugh, you know the clubs aren't my thing anymore," I said.

"Come on Demi. I FINALLY got someone to babysit Jordan and you can't just go out with me one time?" Selena begged. "Not to mention you're moving to New Mexico and we won't see you anymore," She said.

I sighed knowing I was about to give in.

"Okay, fine," I said.

"Yes," She said with a smile.

I remembered when there was a time that I was the one begging Selena to go to the club. Now, it seemed to be the other way around. Even though her and Justin were now married and had a son she seemed to be loosening up a lot more than she used to be. I, on the other hand, preferred to be a homebody now.

-

"Ugh! I'm so glad we came!" Selena said excitedly as we danced.

I had spent the entire evening with a fake smile on my face. I finally sat down on the nearest stool and took a deep breath. I ran my fingers through my hair and looked down with a sad look on my face.

 I ran my fingers through my hair and looked down with a sad look on my face

It wasn't that I wasn't having fun or didn't want to have fun. I was cherishing every moment I got to spend with Selena before I moved but clubs gave me anxiety now. I still hadn't even taken a sip of alcohol since the incident with Kevin. I was so cautious now. It was both a blessing and curse.

Not to mention there was so much going on in my mind. For starters, I was getting divorced after a three year long marriage. I really thought Max would change but I could see I was clearly wrong. Even though we constantly fought and I resented him eighty percent of the time, it still hurt. This wasn't how I pictured my first marriage ending. 

My thoughts were interrupted by a stranger bumping into me.

"Hey!" I said in an irritated voice.

"Sorry, these clubs are so small and packed I-," The voice stopped and I looked up to see a face I never expected to see raising a familiar eyebrow at me. "Demi?" Joe asked.

 "Demi?" Joe asked