Chapter 5

Demi's POV

"Ugh, I am so over this job," I said to Selena as I slipped my uniform over my head.

"You're telling me. I can't wait to graduate and marry a rich man," She said rolling her eyes.

"What about Justin?" I asked.

"Well, he'll have to marry a rich man too," Selena said jokingly.

I giggled as I walked over to the time clock to punch in when my phone buzzed. 

Have a good day at work beautiful. -Joe<3

My cheeks began to turn red as a cheesy smile appeared on my face. 

"Ugh," I said with a happy sigh. "Speak for yourself but I'm gonna marry Joe," I said taking a breath.

Selena smiled.

"Ah, I remember when I was that in love," She said with a tease. "I'll check back in with you in six months," She said as she walked over to clock in. 

"We'll see," I replied rolling my eyes.

I had no doubt in my mind I would be falling for Joe in six months too.

-

I tied my apron as I watched Selena go wait on her first table.

I grabbed my notepad and pen and walked over to my first table

"Hi, I'm Demi. How are yall tonight?" I asked the two men sitting down.

"Give us a minute kid," One of the men said in a rude tone.

"No problem," I said walking back behind the counter and wiping the counter down.

"Ugh, we should've gave that table to Miley," I mumbled to Selena as she came behind the counter to prepare her table's drinks.

"Don't bother," She said. "She called off AGAIN," Selena said with an irritated voice.

"Are you kidding me?" I asked. "She might as well just quit her job already," I said.

"You're telling me. She's so far up Liam's rich ass she doesn't even need this job anymore," Selena said.