Chapter 21

Demi's POV

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing.

"Ugh, whoever this is it better be important," I mumbled to myself before accepting the call. "Hello?" I asked in a tired voice.

"Demi?" I heard the voice say.

The sound of Joe saying my name sent shivers through my body. That was enough to wake me up for the rest of the day. 

"Hey," was all I could manage to get out.

"I know I'm not who you really want to hear from right now but I really want to talk to you," He said to me.

I could tell in his voice that he was nervous too. I thought about saying no and hanging up the phone but I knew eventually we would have to face what was going on. We would have to eventually talk about what was going on. 

"When?" I asked quietly as I got out of bed and took a seat at my vanity.

"Today, if possible," He said.

I bit my lip. 

"I have plans later with my friend Ariana," I said which wasn't a lie.

"Let me go with you," He said.

"I don't know Joe," I said looking down as I wasn't sure what to say or if that was a good idea.

"Please," He begged.

I looked around and into the mirror as I knew I was about to give in.

"Fine," I said back.

"Okay, text me the time and address," He said.

"Alright, bye," I said before hanging up still in shock and confused about what I had just done.

-

"Wow, this is pretty nice," Joe said over the loud music as we walked into Ariana's house together.

I nodded my head.

"Who's party is it again?" He asked me.

I pointed over to Ariana who was eating a lollipop and talking to a group of friends.

"Hers," I replied.

She must've seen us looking because she came running over.

"Demi! Oh my god! I'm glad you made it!" She said happily throwing her arms around me. "Thank god we got you out of that house!" she said before turning to Joe.

"Right," I said with an uneasy voice. "So, uh, this is Joe. Joe this is Ariana," I said introducing the two.

"Hello," Joe said sticking his hand out.

"Right, hello," She said ignoring his hand and giving him a weird look. "Well, you two have fun... Bye!" she said before jetting off to greet her other guests.