57 - Is she...??!!

AKANSHA'S POV:

"I lived a very happy, peaceful life with my family. Me, my dad, my mom and my brother. My dad and mom had a very beautiful love marriage. I grew up looking at them. I believed in true love. My parents are a great example of that. Each day their love increases for each other. I used to say to Mom that I would find a man for me just like my Dad. She would laugh in return and ruffle my hair. My brother Sam annoys me to the fullest. He is an overprotective brother which irritates me. Because of him, the boys in my school would be afraid to talk to me", I said reminiscing those days.

"I am glad to hear it. Because of that I am the only one in your life. I must send my kudos to your brother", Parth said with a chuckle.

"You are also annoying now", I said in irritation.

"But still I couldn't digest the fact that you were jealous of my brother", I laughed, making his face go red in embarrassment.

"Don't remind me. I am still unable to digest the fact that you are a Winston and h-- he is your brother. I did a small research on Sam before. It said that he had a sister but I didn't even think that you out of all will be his sister; his own sister. You should have said about your relationship with him when he showed up in our college. I was so stupid to feel jealous of my future brother-in-law. Instead of making him an ally, I was head on fighting with him; considering him as my enemy. How could I be so foolish to think of your bond in that way?! So stuoid of me", he said more to himself.

"To make you feel better, let me tell you this. When I was in high school and during the dance classes he used to be my partner. The people around us used to misunderstand us a lot of times because of that. It would feel funny when we hear rumors about him and me. We both used to laugh heartily when someone asked us directly if we were committed. At some point, when Sam needs to escape from his girl followers, he uses me as a scapegoat when they don't know who I am to him and in turn I will get all the jealous and envious glares from them for no reason. Now when I think about it, it makes me think how my days used to be ",I said, my voice a little cracked up, saying so.

"Even though Dad was busy he tried his best to spend his time with us. Sam annoyed me and left for a tour with his school friends. At that point, my grandma and grandpa came. And that terrible accident collapsed me completely. I have already told you about it. It was my Dad who gave me the strength I needed. He helped me overcome my fear. But the rain, storm, thunder and accidents affects me even now; you know that as well as you saw me at my most vulnerable times ",he pressed his palm against mine comforting me with his presence.

"After Sam went to college, I got my freedom at school but I totally lost connection with him. Whenever I ask Dad or Mom about Sam, they would say that he is fine... he is busy.... Whenever I call his number, he won't attend it. After one long year, he came back. I didn't speak with him. I ignored him. He tried his best to speak with me but I didn't even bat an eye on him. I was angry at him for not contacting me. As time passed, we both started to bicker like crazy idiots and fight with each other like every other sibling does. After my graduation at school, that night at dinner, Dad explained to me about the Winston custom. Every bloodline of Winston must undergo this custom. For one whole year, they should live independently without their family's support. That was why Sam wasn't in contact with me. I feel guilty about the days when I ignored him. Even Dad had gone through this custom. My Mom is a lucky one since she became a Winston and doesn't need to follow that custom. "

"Why did they create such a stupid custom? ",Parthu asked.

"I guess it's to make us know the importance of money. Since we know the burden of a simple life, we won't spend our money uselessly and work hard with full determination. Sam was making fun of me that I wouldn't survive and I would come running back. But luckily I sustained a simple life. To my advantage, I had Kryz with me. At the start, I felt the real struggle of life. I missed the luxuries of being a Miss. Winston. But I learned a lot and nurtured myself into a better person. By the end of the year, a lot of stuff happened. And I didn't have the guts to meet my family as I lost myself completely at that time. I still remember that night was stormy but I didn't feel any fear regarding it as my heart was more broken with another thought. "