Chapter 39.

"You're pregnant?" Caleb asks me, and my breathing becomes erratic

"You're pregnant?" Caleb asks me, and my breathing becomes erratic . I didn't want him to find out like this.

I totally forgot I even got the test in the first place, I picked it up at the gas station, and thought to myself there would be no harm in testing. I know my periods going to come, I've been having my usual PMS symptoms, I was just paranoid.

"I don't- Oh, fuck. I don't know. My periods late."

"And you didn't think to tell me?!" He snaps and I push my hair out from my face. I knew he'd be mad, not about the pregnancy but about lying to him. We tell each other everything, and now I regret hiding this from him, but until now, I truly forgot about it.

"I only kinda noticed when we were driving over here, I didn't wanna ruin this weekend, I promise I was gonna tell you." I tell him and he only looks down at the box with the test inside. "I was gonna tell you, I swear, I just forgot, everything's been so crazy since we got here."

"How can you forget? It's a baby! You might have a baby, how can you-"

"Caleb, please, just calm down, please." I beg for him, watching him spiral. "I might not even be pregnant, okay? My period might just be gone from stress. It's only just come back fully from my eating disorder, it might just be up and down again. We don't know anything yet."

"What are we gonna- Wait, are you okay?" He asks me and I sigh.

"Neither of us wanted a baby, we've spoke about it, how many times? We've only just got to a good place with each other. No, I'm not okay. This isn't okay. I can't... I don't want to be my Mom, okay? Maybe I haven't taken the test because-"

"Then it's real." He finishes my sentence and I hum to myself. "You aren't your mom, you know that? You will never be your mom. If this is positive, you know it will be okay, right? We can work it out."

"But you don't want a baby either, you'll be terrified the whole pregnancy, that's not fair. I know in my soul, I'll be okay. But I don't want to put you through that."

"What are you saying?"

"If it's positive, if I'm pregnant, I'll understand if you don't want to be apart of-"

"No, no. If you're pregnant, we're doing this. Okay? I'm not leaving because I have a fear. Pregnancy is scary, okay? Anything could happen, but anything couldn't happen and we could be okay. I'm not leaving you. I'm not leaving. I'm here for everything. Through everything. And it'll be okay, I know it'll be okay."

"What about my family? I can't tell my mom. Jesus, my dad just died. It would be awesome to drop that bombshell on them now." I didn't even think about telling my family, it didn't even enter my mind.

"She stopped being your family years ago, love." He cups my cheek and I take in a breath. "Your sister is pregnant, she'll be there for you. And your other sisters will be happy, they will be."