Chapter 10.

"Hey, so, do you wanna hang out?" My sister, Grace, asks me as I finally pick up my phone

I won't lie, I may have ignored the first few calls but finally answered when the ringtone got too much; waking me up from my slumber.

"Hmm, what time is it?" I mumble, looking down at the time. Nine o'clock! It's the weekend, I should be sleeping till noon.

I don't think I've quite caught up on my sleep from the night Caleb stayed and early classes for the rest of the week really didn't help with that.

"Uh,yeah. When? I'm currently dead asleep, laid in bed." I chuckle lightly.

"In the next hour? I'll come by your place. I need a good girl talk, my roommates are like my ass these days." She says and I smile. I've missed the relationship between us.

I really thought us being at the same college would bring us closer, but it seemed to do the exact opposite, but it's good for us to do our own thing, I know that, it's just hard to admit it since we've been practically glued at the hip since I was born.

"Yeah, sounds good. I have a lot to tell you."

After that phone call, I did the only thing acceptable in the moment; I fell back to sleep.

That wasn't my intention of course, I was actually very close to getting out of bed, making breakfast and hopping in the shower but my tiredness deceived me and the next thing I know, I'm getting shaken awake by my sister.

"Let me guess, college has already got to you." Grace chuckles, waking me up as she does and I sit up, rubbing my eyes, seeing her sat at the bottom of my bed. When did she get here?

"I guess so." I groan.

"Move up then." She says and I smile, grabbing my laptop from under my pillow and moving up the bed. "You still do that?"

"Of course." I say and she rolls her eyes. "So what's up? Why are you pissed at your roommates again?"

"Ugh, just the usual lying bullshit. I asked them to go to the mall with me last week and they made this dumb excuse up about being too hungover, even though I watched them drink two sips of cider. Anyway, I went to the mall on my own and they were there without me, I guess they thought I wouldn't go, I don't know." She shrugs her shoulders, sadness evident in her voice. She puts on this strong act like she doesn't really care but when she gets hurt, I know it's hard for her to trust people again. It may seem small to others but I know how she's truly feeling right now.

"You're better off without them, they're stupid." I say and she nods.

"I guess I know that." She sighs, "Anyway, what have you been up to? Anything exciting?"

"I got a job." I beam, actually proud of myself.

My first day went great despite being exhausted and cramps taking over me in waves every few minutes. My boss said I'm the best barista they've had in a while, however Zoe — the girl from behind the counter - wasn't exactly happy to hear that.