Chapter 14.

*TW// SELF HARM, ABUSE, HOMOPHOBIA.

Today's been a drag. Classes started so early for me that I couldn't even spend five minutes with Monica before I left.

She seemed off this morning, but I think she was just tired. She gets like that when she doesn't get more that ten hours and with the late night we had, I wasn't surprised with her being a little groggier than usual.

I've had a full day of classes today, as I know she did too, but not once did we clash in the halls and see each other. We've texted but I miss her.

I'm getting attached already. I promised myself after my last relationship that I wouldn't do this - get so involved with someone so quickly.

But it's hard with Moni, she's so different to anyone else I've met. She makes life easier. She makes me actually look forward to the next day.

She's special.

Even though today's been a long one, classes haven't been too bad, they were all relatively easy and I didn't fall asleep in any which I'm quite proud of. Matt and Leon have been hanging at my waist all day, not leaving me alone, pestering me about another party.

This is the reason why I hate the first month of coming back to college. The boys just use the frat as a party location, and after the first week or two, it gets tiering.

They finally leave me be when I tell them that I'm going for coffee, and since they have no interest with that, I'm finally left alone.

I'm going to see if Monica's working, maybe I can cheer her up a little.

In the midst of my thoughts of her, I forget to watch where I'm walking, I bump into someone. "Watch out!"

His voice is so familiar.

"Tommy?"

"Caleb?" It's him. Why is he here?

Seeing my ex of two years was the last thing I thought I'd be doing today. I can't actually believe what I'm seeing. I didn't even know he was in town.

He's changed so much from when I saw him last. He's put on some healthy weight, maybe some muscle too. He's still got the same sense of style as he did back then. The football shirt and rugged black jeans.

Jesus, it's like I'm seeing a ghost.

"What are you doing here?" I have to ask, I never thought I'd see him again, and now he's at Yale? This is insane.

"Um, well, I'm actually here to see you." He tells me and I swear my eyes pop out of the socket with how much I'm visibly in shock. "Can we talk?"

I look around, seeing familiar faces walk past us up and down the hall. "Not here."

~~