Chapter 38.

Last night was worrying to watch

Last night was worrying to watch. I can't judge her reaction though. I had a loving mother, one that I never wanted to leave. Monica... her father hurt her, he did everything a father should never do to their child.

I don't know what she's going to be like once she wakes up, but I do know that I'd like to help the most I can, so that's why I'm in the kitchen.

From the beginning of this relationship Monica knew I couldn't cook. Hell, I made her cereal and she praised me for it, but after that, I taught myself. The guys at the frat, they showed me how to cook a real breakfast. Breakfast for times like these.

So I'm cooking bacon, I have eggs scrambled, and there's toast that I'm buttering. It may be simple, but it's the small things that mean so much to Monica. And no way will I let her settle for any less than most, but a small breakfast that I cooked is something that might make this day much different.

Thankfully, when we'd be down at the beach house, mom insisted on buying these food trays. We never used them, but finally I get to put them to good use.

My mom was always smart, she knew we'd need them at one point, and without her, I'd be screwed.

I put the plate that is now filled with food neatly placed in sections so no food is touching - just how she likes it - and a glass of orange juice onto the tray, and slowly I walk up the stairs with it balancing in my hands, hoping and praying I don't drop it.

I expected her to be asleep still as I go back so I'm not surprised to see her fast asleep, her arms wrapping around a pillow beside her as if it was me.

I hate to wake her, but I wouldn't want her to eat cold food, so I clear my throat and she stirs in bed. "Angel, wake up, I made you breakfast."

"You got me cereal?" She grumbles out as she stretches, instantly going to rub her eyes awake. She's soon awake and looking at me, a smile growing on her face. "You made me actual breakfast?!"

"I know it's not a lot, I just figured you'd want breakfast, I know-"

"It's perfect, thank you." She sits up and pats the bed beside her, telling me to sit down.

I hand her the tray of food before sitting down beside her, she doesn't hesitate to scoop some eggs on her fork, taking a bite.

"Is it good? It might be cold, it took me a while to figure out the bacon."

"It's beautiful, angel, I love you." She cups my face and gives me a soft peck on the lips. "You not having any food?"