Chapter 17.

*TW// SELF HARM AND MENTIONS OF PHYSICAL ABUSE, HOMOPHOBIA & SCARS.

Life is weird

Life is weird.

You're born one day and for about ten years of that life you're innocent. You're hidden away from the dark things and kept from danger, but time changes so drastically after those ten years.

You're open to seeing more things, scary things that could hurt you and although the words of those precious ten years of warmth and safety may keep you comforted, in the moments where you're opened up to seeing something so terrifying and heartbreaking, they all seem to fade.

There was no point with the ten years of life that kept me warm, there was no point because here I stand in front of the man I care about so much, speechless and terrified.

My boy.

What has he done?

"I didn't know where to go." He whimpers, walking over to me with a stumble in his step and my eyes instantly falling to his arms. His once blue long sleeves are stained with blood — his blood.

"Oh, my god." Zoe mutters beside me and I look over to her helplessly.

"What do I- I can't leave- Oh my-"

I have no fucking words.

"Go, you can go, just get him out of here." She shakes her head.

What the fuck happened?

Everyone had me thinking that he was okay and stupidly by the end of the day, I was starting to believe them. I knew something was wrong and everyone said it will be fine.

This isn't fine, this so far from fine.

I instantly grab my bag from beside me, throwing it on my back and I rush over to the helpless boy in front of me, cupping his jaw and I bite down on my lip anxiously, looking down at him.

"Caleb?" I whisper and he instantly wraps his arms around me, collapsing against me.

"I'm so sorry." Is all he says, mumbling into
my neck and my eyes defeat me, tears spilling from them.

I don't think I could've ever prepared myself for this, I don't think anyone can, not really and I'm so lost as to what I should in this situation — what the fuck do I do?

"Caleb, you need to tell me what happened." I pull away from him, putting both my hands on either side of his face as I hold him up to look at me. "Who did this? Did you... did you do this?"

"I regretted it, I didn't mean to, I thought you would hate me, I thought seeing mom would be better and I fucking relapsed." He rushes out, his head trying to hang low as he does but I keep it up, wanting his eyes on me.

I'm trying to understand but it's so hard to. I don't know what he's speaking of. "What do you mean by that? What did you relapse?"

"I hurt myself, I needed the thoughts to stop, dad told me to and I couldn't stop." He sobs. "I shouldn't have come here, I know that but I didn't know what to do, I'm so sorry."