Chapter 20.

I haven't been asleep for long, or that's what it feels like, when I'm woken from said slumber

I haven't been asleep for long, or that's what it feels like, when I'm woken from said slumber. I was dreaming about a concert, a concert I'll probably never get to attend, by a man named Harry Styles. I was dancing around, and Harry invited me up on stage.

Apparently Wattpad really took a grasp of my life and in-bedded it's way into my dreams, because this would never happen in my life.

The fire alarm soars the building, the loud noise blaring and bouncing off all four walls of my bedroom. It doesn't hit me until Lizzie swings open my door and reality hits me.

There's a fire.

Either that, or a really annoyingly timed fire drill.

"Monica, I swear to god, get the fuck up, we need to get out of here!" Lizzie shouts over the blaring noise and I quickly get myself up from my bed.

I grab my laptop, my blanket and my glasses so I can see, and without any second thought, I race out of my room, following my friend.

It doesn't hit me until I can smell the smoke and see how dark it is in the hallways.

There's a fire and this isn't a drill.

Every power source is cut, so no matter how much I want to fight my fear of the dark, I almost start to crumble.

"Come on, we need to go, let's go." Leah places her arm at the bottom of my back, guiding me forward so I walk in front her, guiding us all out of the suite.

Bryne looks like she's half asleep as we walk over to the football field. Lizzie's seems to be strangely active, and she's got a smile on her face - I don't know how she could be happy at this time. Leah is the calmest out of all of us, which puts my mind at ease greatly.

"Get in your lines people! I know it's early but we need to move and get counts started." I hear a mans voice shout which I recognize instantly.

I've only met the dean once and although he's nice, he looks terrifying; the deep voice, the obvious height difference and it's a fact he could take everything away from anyone with just one click of a button.

He is actually super sweet, after the few days I had missed of classes, I got pulled into his office, thinking the worst, but he just gave me a pep talk on what they expect here and actually consoled me on a few topics.

You just don't want to get on the wrong side of him because that's when things turn to shit and you say goodbye to college.

The main reason why I'm trying my absolute hardest from now on. I can't afford to lose out on this experience.

I can't afford to go home.

"Lizzie, you like me right now, take my laptop a second, I'm gonna put my blanket around me." I tell her and she frowns in confusion but still she takes it from me as I let out a sigh of relief.