Chapter 11. (!)

"Why must people wait until last minute to come in here? Can they not read that we're closing?" I ask not anyone in particular, frustrated with myself

"Girl, what has you so pressed?" Zoe asks and I glare at her.

"Ugh, I don't know." I sigh. I'm annoyed but at nothing in particular and I've been like this for a few days now. Maybe it's just PMS attacking me after my period this time because at least then I'd have a valid excuse for the incapable mood swings I'm feeling.

"Where's blondie?" She asks and I smile, the image of Caleb coming to mind.

"Class, I believe." I answer, "Why?"

"Ring him. I don't know when the last time you had sex but it's coming to the point where you're taking your frustration out on me." She says and before I can defend myself she walks off, going into the back to grab the cleaning supplies.

How dare she? I aren't... horny? I've only just lost my virginity, I can't be missing sex, not yet, I'm not an addict.

I guess denial is how I'm taking this because deep down, I know that sex is the only thing on my mind lately. I've been falling asleep, picturing our moments together every night for the past three days and it's coming to the point where I can't cope. Anywhere I am, my thoughts are filled with fictional images of Caleb having his way with me on different objects like my desk in English Literature, in my backseat of my car or the work counter in front of me... the list really does goes on.

What is he doing to me?

After spending time with Grace on Saturday, Caleb came round later in the evening to keep me company as the girls went to his frat house for another party, but nothing happened. With me still having my period and us having a shit ton of homework to do, we just left it a sneaky kiss at the end of the night.

As I serve the final customer to come in late, I race to the door, locking it behind them and I let out an annoyed groan. I love work but when it's the end of a shift and it's been ten minutes since closing time I just want everyone to read the sign and leave.

I am thankful for the last guy that came in who gave me a huge tip, letting me keep the change from his twenty dollars after spending just the eight on coffee and as I was about to put it into the shared tip jar Zoe grabs it from me and shoves it into my pocket.

"My treat. Buy yourself something." She says and I smile.

While Zoe cashes in the register for the day, I begin to clean around the shop, starting by sweeping the floor — possibly the easiest yet hardest job of all. I'm pretty confident that the sweeping brush we use is broken; every time I attempt to use the damn thing it refuses to cooperate with me.

"Girl, just start cleaning the tables, I'll do it." Zoe shouts, stopping me from almost throwing it out of the window.

"I just don't get it." I mutter, letting the sweeping brush fall to the floor and I pick up the disinfectant spray, grabbing one of the different colored cloths.