Chapter 30.

*TW// TALK OF SEXUAL ASSAULT AND VIOLENCE.

I'm outside waiting at Grace's door. I've hardly seen her lately, and we've got a lot to catch up on. We need to talk about dad more than anything. We both know why he's in prison, and I think out of anyone I wanna tell next, it should be her.

I'm feeling guilty over this, I shouldn't but I am, there's that feeling deep down that's telling me I shouldn't do it.

I'm terrified, my sisters are my best friends and I'd hate for this to break us all apart, but I need to tell them eventually because I know they won't find out from anyone else.

Mom won't tell them, I know that for sure.

I hate my parents, the love I had is slowly fading from me everyday, all that's left now is very few moments that haunt me where I was happy with them.

They're the scariest memories.

Having someone love you but hate you in the flash of a second is terrifying. Knowing they can act good and be good in front of other people and then just change so quickly, it's so scary to me.

I was so scared.

But I aren't taking it in anymore, I have my support system, I have my friends, I have my boyfriend, I have my job, I have college and I will work it out, it's just gonna take some time.

With one raise of the hand, my knuckle grazes the door with a knock and I'm not standing any more than five seconds until Grace is opening the door, smiling widely at me.

"All the bitches have gone, we can talk gossip." Grace giggles and I roll my eyes, my nerves and worries instantly falling from me. I just hope I can tell her.

It almost killed me telling Caleb and he hardly knows my parents, the only emotion he has towards the pair is hate - the same hate I share - but with my sister, I just know it's gonna break her as well as breaking me.

"Where are they?" I ask and she groans at who I'm implying, letting me into her apartment, opening the door widely for me.

"The mall." She answers and I shoot her a sympathetic smile, "I'm making coffee, would you like some?"

"Yeah, that'll be nice, thanks." I nod and she slams the door behind us, walking over to her kitchen with a stumble in her step. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm just annoyed with them that's all, but I'm happy you're here, I want to know what's been happening with you and lover boy." She looks over to me with a smirk, "Sit and spill, I wanna know everything."

"You don't want to know everything, you'll be concerned for me." I chuckle, sitting on one of the bar stools at the island as I watch her start to make the coffee.

"Concerned? What do you mean? Has he hurt you?" She asks with a worried look.

"With my consent?" I ask and her jaw slackens in shock. Should I pick it up from the floor? I don't know why that's so shocking...