Chapter 31.

I don't know what made me wake up this morning wanting a sudden change, but I woke up with the urge to make appearance match my new found energy for life

I've loved the colour red for as long as I can remember, and even though, it's not in my top three, it's the one colour I've always wanted to dye my hair.

For years I thought I would never be able to have my hair a different colour than it is now, but I don't have anyone holding me back anymore.

I have no rules to follow.

The rules have officially fallen and crumbled into pieces. Not one part of me cares about what anyone else thinks, especially my mother.

So as I squeeze the rest of the rest hair dye onto my roots, I breathe out a breath of fresh air.

It's a new start for me, and although to some it maybe be small, for me, it's massive. It's the last thing I've really wanted to do since leaving home, and I'm finally doing it.

I haven't done this before, but I watched a few tutorials online, and I've seen that most people put plastic bags on there head after. I don't know why, maybe it's for the juices to soak in properly, but I don't question it much before I do the same, wrapping a white and red Target back over my hair.

"What in the Jesus fuck are you doing?" Leah's voice has me spinning around to her, the girls being there as well, Lizzie on her left, and Bryne on her right.

"I dyed my hair." I shrug my shoulders and all of them look at one another as if they must be dreaming. "You guys are weird."

"Hold on, you seriously dyed your hair? What colour?" Bryne asks me and I chuckle.

"Yes, I dyed it. I've dyed it red." And as I say this, Lizzie's jaw slackens in shock before she screams. "Ow."

"Oh, my god. Let me see!" She's still got her high pitch voice on which I don't appreciate in the slightest.

"I've only just done it, we have to wait like forty minutes until it's developed." I tell her and all of them just smile at me. "What?"

"I just love how much you've changed." Leah says and I smile back at my friends. Me too.

"So, we've got forty minutes to wait until we see the goddess in motion?" Bryne asks and I laugh at her choice of words. "Okay, then, mini Friends marathon is required."

Bryne always has the best of ideas when it comes to passing times. During free periods or boring weekends, she's always the first to come up with something to do, or - in this case - watch.

Although, I had in mind for a silent watch of Friends, everyone else had other ideas and we all begged each other for details on what happened at the party.

Since no one else was giving in first to spill the beans, I offered up my business and told them what me and Caleb got up to. I missed out a few details, some that I just want to keep between us.