"Baby, no, you can't." Caleb attempts to snatch my Halloween costume from me for the second time now. I knew I shouldn't have let him pick them up and keep them here, I could've escaped and ran home to get ready myself, it would've been much easier than this.

"I aren't letting the past make me who I am, I want a break from misery and I agreed to this party almost a week ago, we're going. I want to have fun." I try to make my point clear.

What happened with my parents doesn't change me. Yeah, I may be a little fucked up in the head but that makes no difference to a normal day of what I call the life of Monica Acre.

It's just another thing to tell Sarah about when I see her on Tuesday - fuck, Tuesday.

I hate Tuesday's, always have, always will and this college experience has soon made me have more reasons to hate that god damn day.

"You was throwing up ten minutes ago." He points out as he deadpans and I groan at the obvious. He really doesn't need to point it out to me.

"I'm fine, please." I beg with pleading eyes and he shakes his head.

"You're not wearing your costume."

"Wanna bet?" I smirk and he rolls his eyes, laying back on his bed, leaning back on his arms.

~~

"I look so fucking pretty." I twirl around in a circle and he stares up at me blankly. He is not impressed that I won this bet between us, but I think he knew all along that I would win and get my own way - I always do.

"Angel." He pulls me out of my happy bubble. He's such a mood killer, what the fuck? I look beautiful tonight.

"Yeah?" Come on, sir, tell me I should change.

"You're not okay, you can't just-"

"Weren't you the one that told me to feel what I'm feeling in the moment?" I ask and he nods slowly. "Well, I'm telling you the truth when I say I'm happy and excited for tonight."

"You wanted to die two days ago." He throws the harsh information in my face.

"I promise you, I'm okay." I cup his jaw and he lets out a sigh. "I aren't leaving you, I'll never leave you."

He's who's keeping me here. Him. Just him, nothing more, nothing less. He's saving me so much.

"You scared me." He admits, "You scared me so fucking much."

"I'm sorry." I mumble.

"Quick check in." He says and I nod, stepping back as his hands settle on my hips. "Mentally, how are you feeling? And don't lie because of this party. I know when you lie so that isn't going to get you anywhere."

"I've felt... happy with being alive today, I don't want to die, not yet." I shake my head, "Maybe when I'm old and I get something, maybe cancer and-"

"Baby!" He scolds.

"What? I'm being honest." I give him a sheepish smile, "I haven't thought about my parents, I haven't thought about that sex dungeon of a restaurant and I haven't thought anything. I really am okay."

"You really won't drop that sex dungeon part, will you?"

"I really wanted to see it, Caleb!" I whine and he chuckles. I don't think we'll ever go back to that place and it annoys me every time I think about it that that's down to me.

"Let's get ready, we have a party to go to." He grumbles and I give him a surprised look. Oh, my god.

"Really?" I'm so fucking happy.