"shut up."

"ok."

≡≡≡

sillie shut the door to roscoe, stiles' jeep, and sighed when stiles started climbing up to scott's roof. "can't you be somewhat normal and knock on the front door?"

"shh!" he whispered. "no, i can't. so shut up and get up here."

"i'm good." she shook her head. she leaned on the jeep, ignoring stiles' scowl.

soon enough, she chuckled quietly when scott opened the front door with a bat in his hands, walking onto the porch cautiously. she ducked when scott looked her way, covering her mouth to contain her laughs when stiles laid on his stomach, ready to peer his head over at scott.

and he did, making scott scream and himself scream when he saw scott holding up a bat, stiles' much more high-pitched than scott's.

"agh!"

"aah!"

sillie laughed.

"stiles, what the hell are you doing!?" scott exclaimed. 

she stood up and walked up to the boys, leaning on the railing. "hiya, scotty."

"hi, sillie."

"you weren't answering your phone!" stiles explained, ignoring the two's interaction. he looked at the bat in scott's hands, "and why do you have a bat?"

"i thought you were a predator," scott defended, slightly pathetically.

stiles sputtered, "a pre-" he coughed a laugh, "i- wha- look, i know it's late," he started, "but you gotta hear this." his arms hung past his head, still upside down and using his feet to keep himself from falling. "i saw my dad-"

"our dad," sillie chimed in.

"-our dad leave twenty minutes ago. dispatch called. they're bringing in every officer from the beacon department, and even state police."

"for what?" scott asked.

sillie sighed, slightly in disappointment for two reasons. "scotty, you can't be that dense."

"what?"

"ignore her," stiles said. "two joggers found a body in the woods." he lifted himself up before dropping from the roof. sillie helped him stand as he stumbled.

"a dead body?" scott questioned incredulously.

sillie and stiles gave him a look.

"no, a body of water. yes, dumbass, a dead body!" stiles then climbed over the railing.

"obviously a dead body. what do you think, they're gonna call all those people because they found someone alive?"

"they could!" scott shrugged.

sillie rolled her eyes. "not the point."

"wait, you guys mean, like, murdered?" scott continued to ask.

"nobody knows yet." stiles shook his head. "just that it was a girl, probably in her twenty's."

"hold on," scott began, "if they found the body, then what are they looking for?"

stiles grinned, sillie scoffing at his excitement again. "that's the best part."

"there is no best part!"

stiles ignored her again, "they only found half." he nodded, his lips pressed together to hide his smile a bit more. "we're going."

"and sillie's letting you?" scott raised his eyebrows. he looked at sillie, "you're letting him?"