Chapter 27

Two days had passed and Eden barely spoke a word and barely made eye contact with her parents. She had taken the news even harder than they expected.

It was killing Crowley. He couldn't stand seeing Eden in such a state.

He watched as Aziraphale helped her drink a cup of water, and once that was done, he grabbed one of Eden's Dark Crystal novels (a series that she loved even more than Doctor Who) and began to read aloud to Eden, but Crowley could tell from the blank look in Eden's eyes that she wasn't listening.

"Angel, stop just for a moment." Crowley said and Aziraphale complied.

"Queenie, listen to me. I want you to know that your Papa and I are going to solve this, we're going to give you one hell of a birthday and that's a promise."

For the first time in two days, Eden's blue serpentine eyes met his amber orange eyes. "Really?" she rasped.

Crowley smiled, his voice cracking with emotion. "Of course we will love. You know how much we love you and that we'd do anything for you....." He kissed her forehead, relieved that it was at its regular temperature.

"We love you so much Eden."

"I love you too Daddy." Eden murmured as Aziraphale wrapped his snowy white wings around his husband and daughter.