Chapter 8

"Crowley, we need to get her inside." Aziraphale whimpered. Seeing Eden lying in the blood soaked grass was too much to bear. They needed to get her inside where she would be more comfortable and he could warm her up with blankets.

"I don't know angel, maybe we should wait until we stop the bleeding...." Eden began to shiver. "Fuck!" Crowley gasped. "Gabriel, get the blankets from the Bentley, she's going into shock!"

They had to get her warm. "I'll keep pressure on her stomach while you fetch them." Gabriel stared off into the distance, it was unclear if he heard the demon.

"Gabriel! Quit daydreaming and get the blankets!" Crowley barked. Gabriel's face coursed with anger and he shot to his feet, letting out a cry of rage and pain as he ran straight into the foliage.

"Fuck!" Crowley swore. "Fine, let's get her inside angel." Crowley relented, placing a hand over Eden's stomach, desperately reapplying pressure.

Aziraphale gently eased Eden onto the ground before he dashed to the Bentley and grabbed the blankets. Once Crowley wrapped a blanket around Eden's midsection, a bloom of blood appeared despite Crowley reapplying pressure yet again.

The other blankets were draped over Eden as Aziraphale scooped Eden into his arms and with the help of Crowley, they carried her back into South Downs.