Chapter 24

Aziraphale carried Eden upstairs as if he was carrying a piece of glass. Even though Eden had somewhat of a thick build, she was as light as a feather to a being like Aziraphale, who was quite strong, despite his stature. The same could be said for Crowley, Gabriel and all celestial beings.

But Aziraphale was being extra careful so he wouldn't accidentally hurt Eden or compromise her new stitches....the sooner he tucked her in under her red tartan blankets, the better.

"There you are my love." Aziraphale said as he finally tucked Eden in, relieved that she was finally back in her bed, which was definitely more comfortable than the couch.

"Thank you Papa." Eden murmured before breaking into a fresh bout of coughing.

Aziraphale quickly miracled a glass of water, which she drank as he quickly glanced helplessly up at Crowley and Bella.

"Since she's back in her bedroom and her stitches are holding, there's not much else I can do." Bella said.

Aziraphale nodded. "Thank you for everything." He saw that Gabriel was waiting out in the hallway, awkwardly. But he looked relieved when Aziraphale called him in, instructing the Archangel to watch Eden while he and Crowley saw Bella out.

After Bella left, the fathers' made their way back upstairs. "What are we going to do now angel?" Crowley whispered.

"I don't know Crowley." Aziraphale replied, sounding absolutely defeated. "I truly don't know."