Chapter 24

Amira Salvatore

It was finally forth of July, the kids have been jumping up and down the walls excited to light fireworks with their uncles. Damon and Stefan were excited to play with the kids for forth of July. As our family grew we had decided to celebrate more holidays than what we used to. We only celebrated Christmas and Halloween. We've become the family we had hoped, all the lies and betrayals finally stopped. We could just be a family considering all of our problems started over a girl that wasn't even worth the trouble. None of the less we were getting ready for a small cookout. Damon and Cara were out buying the fireworks for tonight, they are defiantly going to go big. Stefan had decided he would cook the meat out on the grill without any help. Enzo and Seraphina were putting up the pool for the kids to swim in. While Caroline and I were taking care of everything else, decorations mostly and other smaller foods that were just going to be sides. 

Aaliyah and Asher were more excited about the bouncy house, pool, and water slide. Enzo and Seraphina had gotten for the party so they were outside 'helping' their aunt and uncle put up the new toys, and watching the twins. Astrid had gone with Cara and Damon, no surprise their. She had just wanted to go and pick out the fireworks Damon had promised her. Alaric and Jo should be showing up tonight. they had wanted to do something special today to celebrate their twins that were going to joining the group in just a few short months. 

I want everything to go as planned I met someone and I'm going to present him tonight. We've been seeing each other for the past two months and I know my siblings are worried for me. Seeing me alone while they have their spouses with their children. This one is different, he makes me forget I'm a single mother. It even helps that he's a witch. the kids love him. They only know him as mommy's friend.  Even though Seraphina and Enzo have been acting weird I'm bringing him over and it's going to be fun.

"Don't think so hard your head might explode." Stefan says poking me in my sides breaking me out of my thoughts.

"At least I have a brain so I can think." I shot back giving him a pointed look that he returns opening a beer.

"Who bought these?" He says taking a swig.

"Not me I like Modelo's." I say scrunching up my face and taking two out and passing him one while he dumps the other one.

"So you bringing your boyfriend Seraphina's already asking the kids by what they meant that their mommy is bringing someone." He says smirking my way I could feel myself still. My kids are like their dad they like to announce everything that they think is a win. 

"No they didn't" I say watching him nod his head. Sighing and groaning heavily I stick the food in the oven.

"Yes they did hate to break it to you. And as Caroline says You just got exposed." He says jumping around me like a monkey.

"Ew quit it!" I say trying to push him away. 

"Don't be to nervous. Who is this guy?" He asks sitting on the counter next to where i was cooking.

"His name is Oliver and he's a witch." I say giving her a are you satisfied look.

"Mmm someone younger?" He teases.

"Your girlfriend was born the day you were ripping some girls neck open."

"Ok."

"Wasn't she blonde?"

"Stop I was kidding."

"Oo wasn't her name Car-"

"Shut up." He says taking my beer and holding it above the sink.

"What are-"

"I'll throw this bitch away." He threatens.

"Alright alright enough give it back." I say as he eyes me up and down passing it back.